Spiritual Words.

  • arbible
    Message 1 of 3233 , Nov 1, 2004
      From: MarkSadek@...
      Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 22:44:42 EST
      Subject: Spiritual Words.

      "The pronouncements of the prophets are declared in nearly every psalm. About the visitation of the Savior, and that He will make His sojourn as one who is God, so it says in the forthy-ninth psalm: 'The Lord our God shall come manifestly, and shall not keep silence,' and in the one hundred and seventeenth: 'Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord. We have blessed you out of the house of the Lord. God is Lord and He has shined upon us.' And that this one is the Word of the Father, so it sings in Psalm 106: 'He sent His Word, and healed them, and delivered them out of their destructions.' The Coming One is God Himself, and the Word Who is sent."

      St. Athanasius.

      "To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins." Acts 10:43

      The Bible reading for the 22nd of Babah, November 1st, is:
      1 After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go. 2 Then He said to them, "The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. 3 Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves. 4 Carry neither money bag, knapsack, nor sandals; and greet no one along the road. 5 But whatever house you enter, first say, 'Peace to this house.' 6 And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest on it; if not, it will return to you. 7 And remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not go from house to house. 8 Whatever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you. 9 And heal the sick there, and say to them, 'The kingdom of God has come near to you.' 10 But whatever city you enter, and they do not receive you, go out into its streets and say, 11 'The very dust of your city which clings to us we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near you.' 12 But I say to you that it will be more tolerable in that Day for Sodom than for that city. 13 "Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you. 15 And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades. 16 He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me."
      17 Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name." 18 And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven." (Luke 10:1-20)
      Martyrdom of St. Luke the Evangelist.

      The Bible reading for the 23rd of Babah, November 2nd, is: John 16:20-33
      Departure of Pope Yusab I, 52nd.

      Prayer Requests:

      Andrew Eskander - car accident and is currently in stable condition.
      E. Sidhom - Cancer.
      Adel Gendy - 10 years old with kidney failure, needs a kidney transplant.
      Bernard - Various drug addiction problems
      Joseph - Prostrate Cancer
      Eizabil Hanna - Knee replacement surgery
      Mary Ambroso - Breast cancer
      A.K Mathew - Colon Cancer
      Enyat Bakhoum - severe diabetes.
      Tina Raouf - Very bad condition from a serious car accident.
      Safwat - Kidney problems and Anxiety.
      Pastor David Azbell. Chest pains and back.
      Samy Sidhom - Bone cancer.
      John - has severe family problems
      MS - Mercy, Comfort, Strength, Healing and Protection
      AAM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      MM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      SE -- Love, Healing
      GE -- Love, Comfort, Strength, Support, Guidance
      Nagah - cancer survivor
      Helen - severe epileptic seizures.
      N.V. - Joint pain.
      Stephan Maksymiw - 48 years old, muscular dystrophy, diabetes, stroke.
      Scott - 4 months old baby desperately in need of a bone marrow donor.
      Safwat and Family - Many problems
      Douglas McLead - Cancer and kidney failure.
      Mrs. McLead - Parkinson disease.
      Fr Benjamin, Photini, Marina, Miriam, Moses.
      Nicholas - constant back pain.
      Michael Ashraf - 9 years old boy with a progressive brain tumor.
      Sarah - Back problems and might need an operation soon.
      Mayrvat Hweamel and her 3 kids. She has been separated from her kids.
      Elizabeth - bi-polar disease and other problems.
      Fr. Constantine S. Palassis - suffers from symptoms of dementia.
      Frannie W, Fr. Shenouda, Renee and her family.
      Heidy - Depression and other problems.
      Magued A - many problems.
      Esther - Intestinal problems.
      Nick Sarris - chemotherapy.
      Sue S. - Advanced Cancer.
      Helen P. - severe depression and diabetes.
      Pamela P. - chronic depression and financial difficulties.
      Shafika Guirgis - kidney failure.
      Mary Beth - Obesity & Diabetes.
      Jean Dallin - Neurological back problems.
      Therese - Emotional problems.
      Reggie - Cancer.
      Detra - Stress related health problems.
      Walter Sr. - Depression.
      Denise I. - Breast Cancer.
      Barbara - Depression & legal & financial problems.
      Helen - Multiple health problems & depression.
      Madeline - metastatic breast cancer.
      Cuba Plain - cancer that is high up in the breast.
      Gabrielle Brewer - pregnant with a life-threatening illness for the developing baby.
      Zouhair Macktaby - stomach cancer.
      Magdy Wadi - brain tumor.
      John Rittel - cancer of the lymph node and voice box.
      Fadia Morgan and her family.
      Ibtesam Hweamel.
      Eugene Boulis - completion of immigration procedures and securing a job.
      Mark N - show and lead him to the Way.
      Claudine - In need of God's Guidence and Strength.
      Hazem Makram - Medical school tests
      Girges, his wife, Neveen and their son Koki
      Lisa Michelle Morgan's family.
      Mario and his family.
      The family of Jessica.
      Please pray for the unemployed to find jobs.

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 3233 of 3233 , Dec 11 5:26 PM

        "When you are about to pray to our Lady the Holy Virgin, be firmly assured, before praying, that you will not depart from her without having received mercy. To think thus and to have confidence in her is meet and right. She is, the All-Merciful Mother of the All-Merciful God, the Word, and her mercies, incalculably great and innumerable, have been declared from all ages by all Christian Churches; she is, indeed, an abyss of mercies and bounties, as is said of Her in the canon of Odigitry."

        St. John of Kronstadt, My Life in Christ.

        "Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised."  Proverbs 31:30

        The Bible reading for the 3rd of Kiahk, December 12, is:
        39 Now Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, to a city of Judah, 40 and entered the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth. 41 And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43 But why is this granted to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. 45 Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord. 46 And Mary said: My soul magnifies the Lord, 47 And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. 48 For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed. 49 For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy is His name. 50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him From generation to generation. 51 He has shown strength with His arm; He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. 52 He has put down the mighty from their thrones, And exalted the lowly. 53 He has filled the hungry with good things, And the rich He has sent away empty. 54 He has helped His servant Israel, In remembrance of His mercy, 55 As He spoke to our fathers, To Abraham and to his seed forever. 56 And Mary remained with her about three months, and returned to her house. (Luke 1:39-56)
        The Entrance of Saint Mary into the Temple at Jerusalem.

        The Bible reading for the 4th of Kiahk, December 13, is: Matthew 10:1-15
        Martyrdom of St. Andrew the Apostle, the Brother of St. Peter.

        Prayer Requests:

        Awad, L.
        Iskaros.
        Urgent: Teresa - serious complications from diabetes.
        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Tony H. - Cancer.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.