Fwd: [LETUSPRAISEJESUSALWAYS] Christ Centered Daily Devotion

  • Hany B. Maurice
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2004
      Have a Wonderful day..
      Hany

      Charles Darby <cdarby1@...> wrote:
      To: LETUSPRAISEJESUSALWAYS@yahoogroups.com
      From: "Charles Darby"
      Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:08:17 -0500
      Subject: [LETUSPRAISEJESUSALWAYS] Christ Centered Daily Devotion

      Christ Centered
      Devotion for 4/01/2004

      Commanded To Praise
      Psa 108:3  I will praise thee, O LORD, among the people: and I will sing praises unto thee among the nations.

      Give me such love for God and men as will blot out all hatred and bitterness.
      DIETRICH BONHOEFFER (1906�1945)

      Today's Scripture
      1 John 2:9-11  He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

      Thoughts
      If we say we are walking in Christ and have hatred and bitterness in our heart toward another; are we living a lie? Can we stumble if we are walking in all the light we have? Will hatred blind our eyes to the light of the Lord? Should we avoid hatred as we would avoid a plague? Can we tell if we are walking in light or darkness, by how we feel toward others?

      Application
      Sometimes in our anxiety to tell the truth we breed hatred toward another ministry or person. This should not be. Some ministries point the finger at others who are not teaching as they do. They name names and make remarks that cut and hurt. Does this really help the little ones in Christ or does it hurt the whole body of Christ? It's one thing to teach truth; another to name names and point the finger. What does the Word of God say about the pointing of the finger?

      Prayer
      Holy Father, give us a love for all, but a hatred for sin and all it does to those who sin.  Help us to love as You love. We ask and give thanks in Jesus name. Amen.

      Daily Devotion by Oswald Chambers

      Click Here

      Jesus Christ is Lord
      <:))))><<
      Have a blessed day, Charles & Datha Darby
      Comments or Prayer Requests Email Us
      If you enjoyed this, would you forward it to your friends?
      Here you can Subscribe  - or -  Unsubscribe.
      Web Site: Bible Teaching, Devotions and Much More

      Hany B.Maurice
      System Analyst - Oracle Programmer
      Muscat Securities Market - Muscat Depository & Securities Registration
      Muscat , Sultanate of Oman
      Email : hany@...
      + 968 9 543 910

      God didn't promise days without pain
      laughter without sorrow, sun without rain.
      but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for
      the tears, and light for the way....

      www.hanyonline.4t.com

      Do you Yahoo!?