Not Just Reading the Bible!

  • Zeitun-eg.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2001
      James 1:22, 26 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless.

      James 2:18-20 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe--and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?

      Believing in God is good, but it is not enough. Luke 11 tells the story of a woman so moved by the words and miracles of Jesus Christ that she exclaimed, "Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts which nursed You!" But Christ responded with another perspective: "More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!" (verses 27-28).

      Christ talked of imprudent people whose lives are not built on the Rock. Everyone "who hears these sayings of Mine and does not do them” is foolish (Matthew 7:24-27). Conversely, those who want to obey Christ will do His sayings. The Bible is not just a series of verses to be read or quoted in isolation, but a complete practical manual to be obeyed, observed, followed and lived in full.

      Glory be to Jesus Christ.

      In Christ's everlasting love, joy and peace (the fruits of the Holy Spirit),
      --Zeitun-eg.org (
      Our Lady of Zeitun Online/The Holy Bible Web Site - 1996-2001)
      Zeitun-eg.org is an interdenominational ministry.

      This message is permanently archived at:
      To subscribe, send e-mail to:
      arbible-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: