Spiritual Words. Happy New Year :)

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2003
      Beloved in Christ,

      Peace and Love.

      Another year has come and gone. This was truly a year of change, but it was a good change. The Lord confirmed to me again that no matter what happens, He always opens new windows. I give thanks for his presence throughout the ups and downs of the past year.
      As we begin a new year, let us count the many blessings that God bestowed upon us in 2003. May the New Year bring us blessings of peace. I wish a blessed New Year to each and everyone of you.

      Please continue to pray for me.

      God Bless.
      mark.

      "We ought all of us always to give thanks to God for both the universal and the particular gifts of soul and body that He bestows on us. The universal gifts consist of the four elements and all that comes into being through them, as well as all the marvelous works of God mentioned in the divine Scriptures. The particular gifts consist of all that God has given to each individual. These include wealth, so that one can perform acts of charity; poverty, so that one can endure it with patience and gratitude; authority, so that one can exercise right judgment and establish virtue; obedience and service, so that one can more readily attain salvation of soul; health, so that one can assist those in need and undertake work worthy of God; sickness, so that one may earn the crown of patience; spiritual knowledge and strength, so that one may acquire virtue; weakness and ignorance, so that, turning one's back on worldly things, one may be under obedience in stillness and humility; unsought loss

      of goods and possessions, so that one may deliberately seek to be saved and may be helped when incapable of shedding all one's possessions or even of giving alms; ease and prosperity, so that one may voluntarily struggle and suffer to attain the virtues and thus become dispassionate and fit to save other souls; trials and hardship so that those who cannot eradicate their own will may be saved in spite of themselves, and those capable of joyful endurance may attain perfection."

      St. Peter of Damaskos.

      "You crown the year with Your goodness, And Your paths drip with abundance." Psalm 65:11

      The Bible reading for the 22nd of Kiahk, January 1st, is:
      26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin's name was Mary. 28 And having come in, the angel said to her, "Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!" 29 But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. 30 Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus. 32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end." 34 Then Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I do not know a man?" 35 And the angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will com

      e upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. 36 Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing will be impossible." 38 Then Mary said, "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her. (Luke 1:26-38)
      Commemoration of Archangel Gabriel.
      Happy New Year :)

      The Bible reading for the 23rd of Kiahk, January 2nd, is: Matt. 23:14-36
      Departure of King David the Prophet.
      Departure of St. Timothy the Anchorite.

      Prayer Requests:

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2006
        Beloved in Christ,

        Peace and Love.

        Another year has come and gone. Personally, I felt God's presence by my side most of the year. However, there were times when I felt alone. Looking back, I know I wasn't alone and I also know that the trials I went through were meant to strengthen my faith in God. I'm sure many of you had to deal with trials just like me and for that I believe we need to pray more for strength.

        As we begin a new year, let us count the many blessings that God bestowed upon us in 2006. May the New Year bring us blessings of peace and strength. I wish a blessed New Year to each and everyone of you.

        Please continue to pray for me.

        God Bless.
        mark.

        "In certain cases, the spirit follows the inclinations of nature like a slave. The body takes the upper hand, rouses the passions and drives us to demand selfish pleasure. Then the spirit gives in to the body and even supplies it with the necessary means to satisfy its lusts. This is not the experience of everyone. Those who are holy do not behave like that. In them it is the spirit that gives the orders and chooses what is truly useful and has the upper hand over the body."

        St. Gregory of Nyssa.

        "You crown the year with Your goodness, And Your paths drip with abundance." Psalm 65:11

        The Bible reading for the 23rd of Kiahk, January 1st, is:
        13 But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. 14 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation. 15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves. 16 Woe to you, blind guides, who say, `Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it.' 17 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies the gold? 18 And, `Whoever swears by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gift that is on it, he is obliged to perform it.' 19 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gi

        ft? 20 Therefore he who swears by the altar, swears by it and by all things on it. 21 He who swears by the temple, swears by it and by Him who dwells in it. 22 And he who swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God and by Him who sits on it. 23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. 24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel! 25 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanne

        ss. 28 Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. 29 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30 and say, `If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.' 31 Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' guilt. 33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the alta

        r. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. (Matt. 23:13-36)
        Departure of David, the Prophet and King.
        Departure of St. Timothy, the Anchorite.

        The Bible reading for the 24th of Kiahk, January 2nd, is: John 21:15-25
        Martyrdom of St. Ignatius, Patriarch of Antioch.
        Departure of St. Philogonus, Patriarch of Antioch.
        The Birth of St. Takla Haymanot, the Ethiopian.

        Prayer Requests:

        M.E. and Family - Extreme Hardship.

        H.H. Pope Shenouda III is out of the hospital and is doing very well.
        Walter O. - Was operated on to have cancerous growths removed from inside his right lung.
        Celeste D. - Cancer.
        Nasr N. - Cancer.
        Angelita - Severe Insomia and Depression.
        Fr. Abraam.
        Susan - depression and spiritual healing.
        M.J. - surgery
        M.H. - leukemia
        Hoda - Depression and suicidal thoughts
        Ibrahim - Renounced his faith due to failures and hardships
        Steve, Paul, Victor, Frances, Foad - To experience and love Christ
        The family of Olympia.
        Greg - throat cancer
        Marian and Paul - Marian recently had a miscarriage
        Sophie - multiple health issues
        Fathia - dementia
        Family of HW who committed suicide
        Mark H - MS
        F. Saad - Heart Attack.
        Angel N. - Lymph Node Cancer - recovered, Pray it won't return
        Marina - A Highschool freshman with Leukemia
        R.T. - A 14 years old girl with Leukemia.
        S.Henin - Autoimmune Disease.
        Mike - recovering alcoholic, who lost his son to alcohol & drug addiction & suicide.
        Matt - May God have mercy on his soul
        Mark N - 20 years old with cancer and just started chemeotherapy.
        Berna, Raouf and Alex Halim - Serious car accident, Raouf is in the ICU.
        Wahid Girgus - MS
        Andrew and his parents - 10 days old infant with the Lymphatic nodes not working and other medical consequences.
        John and his parents - unborn baby with kidney damage.
        S. Magda - Health problems.
        M & O - Family problems
        Ariana - 3 1/2yrs, inoperable brain tumor
        Noussa B. - Heal her.
        Magdy B - Cancer.
        Megan - Hodgkins Lyphoma - Thank God, her Hodgkins Lymphoma is now in remission
        Abouna A - Prostate Cancer - unforuntately, now has brain cancer as well.
        Judi & John - Son with Severe Developmental Disabilities
        Anthony - Autism
        Christina - Chronic Pain
        Karen & Tony - Infertility - Thank God, They, had a Baby Boy (Garrett)
        Steve - Cancer (fighting it for 10 years +)
        Samiha - Dementia
        Adly - Parkinson's Disease
        The Christian Minority in Noshara, Pakistan.
        Nancy - Glass went into her right eye.
        L. Waters - Heart surgery. Mr. Waters is recovering nicely.
        K. Hood - Cancer. Kerri had a successful surgery.
        D. Arteaga - Surgery
        Fadia - Breast Cancer.
        Tara - Systematic Lupus and financial and family problems
        J.David - Depression,School,Drug problems, needs God's Guidance.
        George k - Cancer
        Frances - Brain Tumor
        Alber - Cancer
        K - Depression, anxiety, addiction, pride and spiritual estrangement
        E. Tawadros - Guide her to the right path and grant her wish.
        E. Sidhom - Cancer.
        Adel Gendy - 10 years old with kidney failure, needs a kidney transplant.
        Joseph - Prostrate Cancer
        Mary - Breast cancer
        A.K Matthew - Colon Cancer
        Enyat - severe diabetes.
        Samy - Bone cancer.
        MS - Mercy, Comfort, Strength, Healing and Protection
        AAM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
        MM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
        SE -- Love, Healing
        GE -- Love, Comfort, Strength, Support, Guidance
        Helen - severe epileptic seizures.
        Stephan - 48 years old, muscular dystrophy, diabetes, stroke.
        Scott - 4 months old baby desperately in need of a bone marrow donor.
        Douglas McLead - Cancer and kidney failure.
        Mrs. McLead - Parkinson disease.
        Fr Benjamin, Photini, Marina, Miriam, Moses.
        Nicholas - constant back pain.
        Michael - 9 years old boy with a progressive brain tumor.
        Sarah - Back problems and might need an operation soon.
        Mayrvat and her 3 kids. She has been separated from her kids.
        Elizabeth - bi-polar disease and other problems.
        Fr. Constantine S. Palassis - suffers from symptoms of dementia.
        Heidy - Depression and other problems.
        Esther - Intestinal problems.
        Nick - chemotherapy.
        Sue S. - Advanced Cancer.
        Helen P. - severe depression and diabetes.
        Pamela P. - chronic depression and financial difficulties.
        Shafika - kidney failure.
        Mary Beth - Obesity & Diabetes.
        Jean - Neurological back problems.
        Therese - Emotional problems.
        Reggie - Cancer.
        Detra - Stress related health problems.
        Walter Sr. - Depression.
        Denise I. - Breast Cancer.
        Cuba Plain - cancer that is high up in the breast.
        Zouhair - stomach cancer.
        Magdy - brain tumor.
        John Rittel - cancer of the lymph node and voice box.
        Eugene - completion of immigration procedures and securing a job.
        H. Adel - finish the immigration papers and preparation successfully.
        E.Tawadros - Guide her to the right ways and complete IT to the best it will be.
        Shareen - Stays out of trouble, gets closer to God, and Leads a pure life.
        Mark H - MS
        Mamdooh, Nahed, Marina and Cyril - May the will of The Lord be done.
        M. Michael, C. Michael, M. Michael, R. Michael and family and friends.
        M. M. Fayez.
        R. Farouk's Family
        Kristen and her brother
        David - To be close to a Church
        George - pass the final interview for a Job,to survive extreme debts.
        Kristina may God heal her and help Ed in school, and help Joan with her finance problems.
        Bassem - bare the severe circumstances he is passing through and give him peace.
        Alfred - needs guidance and acknowledgement of the right way.
        Hala - give her peace.
        Evette - let her find the right way and have satisfaction.
        Heba - give her the right decision.
        Mona - take care of her cause she's alone.
        William E. and Family
        Fr. Heinen and family.
        Norma, Laura and Ibrahim.
        Stephanie - autism, and for her family
        Dina's salvation
        Marie Y - Rheumatoid arthitis
        MMH: For guidance, strength, and wisdom
        Heidi - work problems, May God give her the right choice
        Luka - Autism and to relief his family
        Shery - in her school and Master preperation.
        Jarcie - legal and financial difficulties, and return her to Christ.
        Gabriel & family - May they find a suitable Orthodox Church to be catechized and baptized in.
        S.H. - Needs God's guidance to make the right career choice
        Mario F. - Grant solitude to his family and to repair all damaged relationships.
        STMCOC of DC mission trip to Africa and India this fall.
        The mission of the Coptic Church in Africa and throughout the world.
        ERA: The mission of the EgyptiansRelief.org in Egypt may God prosper all the work done everywhere the service is.
        The persecuted Christians in western Ethiopia.

        Please remember me in your prayers.

        Please pray for the peace of the world.