Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2656 , Dec 1, 2003
      "After the resurrection, when our bodies will be reunited to our souls, they will be incorruptible; and the carnal passions which disturb us now will not be present in those bodies; we shall enjoy a peaceful equilibrium in which the prudence of the flesh will not make war upon the soul; and there will no longer be that internal warfare wherein sinful passions fight against the law of the mind, conquering the soul and taking it captive by sin. Our nature then will be purified of all these tendencies, and one spirit will be in both, I mean in the flesh and in the spirit, and every corporeal affection will be banished from our nature."

      St. Gregory of Nyssa.

      "The Lord will not allow the righteous soul to famish, But He casts away the desire of the wicked." Proverb 10:3

      The Bible reading for the 22nd of Hatour, December 2nd, is:
      12 But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake. 13 But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony. 14 Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; 15 for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist. 16 You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. 17 And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. 18 But not a hair of your head shall be lost. 19 By your patience possess your souls. (Luke 21:12-19)
      Martyrdom of Ss. Cosman, Demian, their Mother & Their Brothers.

      The Bible reading for the 23rd of Hatour, December 3rd, is: John 16:20-33
      Departure of St. Cornelius the Centurion.

      Prayer Requests:

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2656 of 2656 , Jul 2

        Christ is my God and my hope.
        His cross is the rod of my faith.
        His pierced side is the flood of my baptism.
        The blood of His flagellation is the oil of my anointment.
        His apostles are the guide of my way.
        My lady Mariam is the door of my salvation.

           Aba Giorgis of Gasicha.

        "And you who seek God, your hearts shall live. For the Lord hears the poor."  Psalm 69:32-33

        The Bible reading for the 26th of Baunah, July 3, is:
        13 But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. 14 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation. 15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves. 16 Woe to you, blind guides, who say, `Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it.' 17 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies the gold? 18 And, `Whoever swears by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gift that is on it, he is obliged to perform it.' 19 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? 20 Therefore he who swears by the altar, swears by it and by all things on it. 21 He who swears by the temple, swears by it and by Him who dwells in it. 22 And he who swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God and by Him who sits on it. 23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. 24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel! 25 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. 28 Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. 29 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30 and say, `If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.' 31 Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' guilt. 33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. (Matt. 23:13-36)
        Departure of the Great Prophet Joshua Son of Nun.
        The Consecration of the Church of Archangel Gabriel.

        The Bible reading for the 27th of Baunah, July 4, is: Mark 1:1-11
        Martyrdom of St. Ananias, the Apostle.
        Martyrdom of St. Thomas of Shentalet.

        The Bible reading for the 28th of Baunah, July 5, is: Luke 6:27-38
        Departure of St. Theodosius, 33rd Pope of Alexandria.
        Commemoration of the Consecration of the Church of Anba Sarabamoun, Bishop of Nikios.

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith