Fw: [joycelist] Christian Mother and Daughter Escape After 18 Months of Captivity

  • Alex Johannes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2002
      From: "Lanny Chandra" <pumpkin@...>
      To: "Mary Fam Knechtel" <mknech@...>
      Cc: "Tjeng Tan" <tjengt@...>; <alexjohannes@...>; "birgitta" <birgitta@...>; <sandy@...>; "Lily Danghamsyah" <danghal@...>; "Permana Kurnia" <pkurnia@...>
      Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2002 5:26 AM
      Subject: Fw: [joycelist] Christian Mother and Daughter Escape After 18 Months of Captivity

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "joycelang" <
      joycelang@...>
      To: "joycedc" <
      joycelang@...>
      Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 5:58 PM
      Subject: [joycelist] Christian Mother and Daughter Escape After 18 Months of
      Captivity

      bg777 <
      bg777@...>

      June 27, 2002

      A VOICE OF THE MARTYRS EXCLUSIVE REPORT:

      Christian Mother and Daughter Escape After 18 Months of Captivity

      Jakarta, Indonesia, June 27, 2002-- Adel and her 10-year-old daughter, Christien, recently escaped after being kidnapped by a band of radical  Muslims in the Maluka Islands of Indonesia. Adel told The Voice of the  Martyrs, "I could hear the screams of my son, mother, and mother-in-law, as  they were cut to pieces by the Jihad (Islamic) warriors. Christien and I  were taken hostage and I was forcibly married to one of the Muslim soldiers.
      I've never known such horror. Only my faith in Jesus Christ and love for my  real husband, Methu, kept me alive
      ."

      Adel and her daughter escaped after 18 months of captivity and were rejoined  with her husband, Methu. Adel also gave birth to a girl, Sarah, while in  captivity. Adel's life remains in danger as 1,000 Jihad warriors have been  rallied to bring her back to the Muslim man she was forced to marry. Adel  said, "I have forgiven them and pray for their salvation but we are in fear  for our lives. They have offered $5,000.00 for our capture. Please also  remember to pray for six of my Christian friends who are still in captivity  today."

      Around the world, men, women and children continue to suffer for their faith in Jesus Christ. However, they need not suffer in silence.  For a limited time, through this special NewsMax offer, you can receive a FREE subscription to The Voice of the Martyrs award-winning monthly newsletter.
      You will be inspired and challenged, as you learn practical ways to help those like Adel and her family who suffer for their Christian faith.

      Don't turn your back on today's persecuted church. Click here for your FREE  subscription to The Voice of the Martyrs monthly newsletter:

      http://etools.ncol.com/a/jgroup/bg_wwwpersecutioncom_wwwnewsmaxcom