Daily Gospel According to Catholic Calendar

  • DGO
    Message 1 of 43 , Jun 30, 2002
      DAILY GOSPEL
      "Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life." John 6:68

      To redefine the title
      of my mail

      To temporarily stop
      my subscription

      To receive my mail
      discreetly

      Unsubscribe

      Monday, 01 July 2002
      Today the Church celebrates : Bl. Junipero Serra

      Book of Amos 2,6-10   2,13-16

      Thus says the LORD: For three crimes of Israel, and for four, I will not revoke my word; Because they sell the just man for silver, and the poor man for a pair of sandals. They trample the heads of the weak into the dust of the earth, and force the lowly out of the way. Son and father go to the same prostitute, profaning my holy name. Upon garments taken in pledge they recline beside any altar; And the wine of those who have been fined they drink in the house of their god. Yet it was I who destroyed the Amorites before them, who were as tall as the cedars, and as strong as the oak trees. I destroyed their fruit above, and their roots beneath. It was I who brought you up from the land of Egypt, and who led you through the desert for forty years, to occupy the land of the Amorites: [...]
      Beware, I will crush you into the ground as a wagon crushes when laden with sheaves. Flight shall perish from the swift, and the strong man shall not retain his strength; The warrior shall not save his life, nor the bowman stand his ground; The swift of foot shall not escape, nor the horseman save his life. And the most stouthearted of warriors shall flee naked on that day, says the LORD.

      Psalms 50,16-23

      16But to the wicked God says: "Why do you recite my commandments and profess my covenant with your lips?
      17You hate discipline; you cast my words behind you!
      18When you see thieves, you befriend them; with adulterers you throw in your lot.
      19You give your mouth free rein for evil; you harness your tongue to deceit.
      20You sit maligning your own kin, slandering the child of your own mother.
      21When you do these things should I be silent? Or do you think that I am like you? I accuse you, I lay the charge before you.
      22"Understand this, you who forget God, lest I attack you with no one to rescue.
      23Those who offer praise as a sacrifice honor me; to the obedient I will show the salvation of God."

      Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 8,18-22

      When Jesus saw a crowd around him, he gave orders to cross to the other side. A scribe approached and said to him, "Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go." Jesus answered him, "Foxes have dens and birds of the sky have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest his head." Another of (his) disciples said to him, "Lord, let me go first and bury my father." But Jesus answered him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their dead."

      Copyright © Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, USCCB

      Manage your subscription directly clicking HERE

      Information : we apology because an error occured about the saints of this saturday 29th. It was of course the Solemnity of Ss. Peter and Paul. The reads were the right one.

    • DGO
      Message 43 of 43 , Jul 17, 2002
        DAILY GOSPEL
        "Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life." John 6:68

        To redefine the title
        of my mail

        To temporarily stop
        my subscription

        To receive my mail
        discreetly

        Unsubscribe

        Wednesday, 17 July 2002
        Today the Church celebrates : The Blessed Martyrs of Compiegne

        Book of Isaiah 10,5-7.13-16.

        Woe to Assyria! My rod in anger, my staff in wrath. Against an impious nation I send him, and against a people under my wrath I order him To seize plunder, carry off loot, and tread them down like the mud of the streets. But this is not what he intends, nor does he have this in mind; Rather, it is in his heart to destroy, to make an end of nations not a few. and the boastfulness of his haughty eyes. For he says:) "By my own power I have done it, and by my wisdom, for I am shrewd. I have moved the boundaries of peoples, their treasures I have pillaged, and, like a giant, I have put down the enthroned. My hand has seized like a nest the riches of nations; As one takes eggs left alone, so I took in all the earth; No one fluttered a wing, or opened a mouth, or chirped!" Will the axe boast against him who hews with it? Will the saw exalt itself above him who wields it? As if a rod could sway him who lifts it, or a staff him who is not wood! Therefore the Lord, the LORD of hosts, will send among his fat ones leanness, And instead of his glory there will be kindling like the kindling of fire.

        Psalms 94,5-10.14-15.

        05They crush your people, LORD, torment your very own.
        06They kill the widow and alien; the fatherless they murder.
        07They say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob takes no notice."
        08Understand, you stupid people! You fools, when will you be wise?
        09Does the one who shaped the ear not hear? The one who formed the eye not see?
        10Does the one who guides nations not rebuke? The one who teaches humans not have knowledge?
        14You, LORD, will not forsake your people, nor abandon your very own.
        15Judgment shall again be just, and all the upright of heart will follow it.

        Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 11,25-27.

        At that time Jesus said in reply, "I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike. Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him.