No activity in last 7 days
LINGUISITCAL AND PHILOSOPHICAL GROUP
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE :
- We are a discussion group devoted to the Syriac-Aramaic languages and dialects. Languages that history spans about 3000 years, and as such Aramaic can boast to be one of the oldest languages still spoken today. However, having been in use in one way or another in many different times and places, one cannot expect it to be uniform, so that one should rather speak of "the Aramaic languages". Best known among them are Biblical Aramaic and Classical Syriac (prominent language of Eastern Christianity), for their obvious links to Biblical studies.This list is meant to be linguistic and philological in nature, and is intended for those who wish to discuss the Aramaic languages and dialects in their many aspects (grammar, history etc). All are welcome.
OUR MAIN GROUP:
- THIS MAILING LIST IS ASSOCIATED AND SPONSORED BY
CLUB SYRIAQUE (YAHOO GROUP) .
OUR OFFICIAL WEB SITE :
ENGLISH AND FRENCH ARE THE TWO MAIN LANGUAGES FOR THIS GROUP
- Linguistics and Human Languages
- Nov 8, 2001
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.