Tampa Bay Aquarium Society Meeting Notice

  • Mr. Fish
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2000
      Just a reminder:

      The Tampa Bay Aquarium Society meets this upcoming Monday , April 10th,
      2000, at the Florida Aquarium in Downtown Tampa. The meeting starts at
      7 PM. This month we feature two study groups, One will be on Live Foods
      and the other will be on Cichlids. The live food segment will be led by
      Bill Shields, who will show us how to turn elephant dung into a valuable
      source of protein for your fish. In addition, the cichlid group will be
      led by noted speaker, explorer and author, Jim Cormier. In addition to
      the two study groups, the Society, which meets the second Monday of
      every month, features an auction of fish, plants, equipment and other
      fishy related equipment. Aquarium keepers of all ages and skill levels
      are invited to attend. Admission is free.
      The Tampa Bay Aquarium Society regularly sponsors talks by speakers of
      note. The March meeting featured Belgian aquarist Henri DeBruyn,
      talking about his collecting fish in the wilds of Florida. In June,
      Trey Clark, one of the country's leading experts on goldfish will be
      speaking.
      The Tampa Bay Aquarium Society Presents its 7th Annual Giant Tropical
      Fish Auction on April 29, 2000 at Lakewood High School St. Petersburg
      FL.
      All Tropical Fish related items will be auctioned, including fish,
      aquarium equipment, plants and much more. The auction will start at
      12:00 noon. Registration of items to be auctioned will start at 10:00
      am. There will be a 50/50 Seller/Club split for all non-donated items
      auctioned. For more information contact Jim Cormier, Phone
      (727)345-2270 or e-mail him at jdcfish@...
      Other aquatic events coming up in the near future: The American
      Killifish Association in conjunction with the Suncoast Killifish Society
      is having their Annual Convention in Tampa on Memorial Day weekend.
      The St. Petersburg Cichlid Association will hold an all cichlid show at
      the Lakewood High High in south St. Petersburg on on April 29th

      For more information on all the above events see our web page at:
      http://www.aka.org/tbas/tbas.html. Or call Mike Jacobs at 727 867-6140.
      =============================
      PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION ALONG TO WHOM EVER MIGHT BENEFIT FROM
      IT<>>>>>THANKS

      <%{{{{}><

      <*}}}}><
    • Mr. Fish
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14, 2000
        Hi Everybody,

        I want to remind and invite you to the upcoming meeting of the Tampa Bay

        Aquarium Society this coming Monday, August 14th, 2000

        In addition to the regular stuff of Door Prizes, Fish auction, bowl show

        and general fishy stuff going on, This month is election month, and it
        appears that the officers are pretty wrapped up but you might want to
        show up for the Board of Directors as there are a few people that wont
        make the cut in musical chairs.

        The bowl show for the month is Betta and Anabantids.

        For a program we will be showing a tape from a previous Marine Aquarium
        Conference of North America (MACNA) and discussing the upcoming MACNA
        Convention in Ft. Lauderdale at the end of September.

        ANd of course some general fish talk as always.

        The meeting which starts at 7 PM will be held at our normal meeting
        place in the Florida Aquarium.

        If you need more information, or directions, don't hesitate to email me.

        Best Fishes,

        Mr. Fish

        --