Duckweed mold

  • suzy_from_canada
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      My duckweed is getting mold! At first, they were just, 'drying up', I
      thought it was the salt in the water, and then they seem to have got
      better after I phased the salt out (It was 1-2tspn/10gallon), but the
      drying out was back, to my puzzlement, and then, what looks like mold.
      I've removed the duckweed, and looked the tank over, and there is
      mold growing on the side, dark and flat like stains.

      If I keep scrubbing at it before each water change, will it go away?
      Or do I have to use something? Do I have to take my fishes and plants
      out and nuke the tank? How badly will this affect my fishes, nothing
      is growing on them, and the vals and crypts I have planted are healthy
      looking.
    • Jim and Recca Payne
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
        It sounds like you may have black algae.
        Jim Payne