wanted: crypts and snails

  • Laurel Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2006
      After a very long hiatus I'm starting up a simple planted tank. I'm interested mainly in low light plants such as crypts. This is going to be a very simple 3 gallon set-up with just a few neons. I'm having a hard time finding a nice source of crypts in the Seattle area. On-line retailers require minimum orders in excess of my needs. I'm wondering if anyone on this list would be willing to sell off a few of their babies. I'm not picky about variety and the smaller the better. I would also be interested in some Malaysian trumpets if you have extras. If anyone has knowledge of a good local plant store (Seattle), please clue me in!
      Thanks, L

    • Jim and Recca Payne
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2006
        If you will look at Wal Mart in the pet dept you will find crypt bulbs on cards at a very nice price. Since they are dry and dormant you will have to plant them in your tank and wait for them to sprout but for your needs it should be excellent. See if someone in your area volunteers some trumpet snails in the next week and if not I might try to help you. I am in Texas.
        Jim Payne
        After a very long hiatus I'm starting up a simple planted tank. I'm interested mainly in low light plants such as crypts. This is going to be a very simple 3 gallon set-up with just a few neons. I'm having a hard time finding a nice source of crypts in the Seattle area. On-line retailers require minimum orders in excess of my needs. I'm wondering if anyone on this list would be willing to sell off a few of their babies. I'm not picky about variety and the smaller the better. I would also be interested in some Malaysian trumpets if you have extras. If anyone has knowledge of a good local plant store (Seattle), please clue me in!
        Thanks, L

      • chris topher
        Message 3 of 3 , May 23, 2006
          www.aquariumgarden.com
          and aquariumplants.com are both good sources with no
          minimum order...

          excellent quality...

          --- Jim and Recca Payne <jimandrebeccan@...>
          wrote:

          > If you will look at Wal Mart in the pet dept you
          > will find crypt bulbs on cards at a very nice price.
          > Since they are dry and dormant you will have to
          > plant them in your tank and wait for them to sprout
          > but for your needs it should be excellent. See if
          > someone in your area volunteers some trumpet snails
          > in the next week and if not I might try to help you.
          > I am in Texas.
          > Jim Payne

          test'; ">

          http://mail.yahoo.com