Parasites on Egeria?

  • Lasaia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2004
      I was hoping that someone could please tell me what parasites infect Anarchis. I believe the plants to be Egeria densa, and from what I've found the common names are Elodea or Anarchis (please correct me if I have this wrong). I have had the plants in my 20 gallon tank for over a month now, and they are the first, and only, live plants that I have introduced into the tank. A week ago I noticed that they were infested with nearly microscopic baby snails, which I have no idea how to eliminate. However, what concearns me most is the appearance of brown striated cyst-looking spots on the leaves of several of the stalks. It appears to be some sort of small parasites that have attached to the leaves. My first assumption was that it was due to the snails. However, it doesn't look quite like dead, snail eaten, patches. It looks like tiny parasites that are attached to the leaves. If anyone could offer any insight into this I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!