Re: [aquatic-plants] Profile Turface MVP

  • Scott Lewis
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2003
      rjga@... wrote:

      > Does anyone have experience with this? I just got some and it looks great,
      > but I don't think it releases iron, so I may need an amendment. Any suggestions?

      Have you considered putting a layer of granulated iron supplement to the bottom of
      the tank prior to adding the substrate?

      I did this with my tank and it seems to be running just fine. In fact, I will
      probably do ten times as much to my next tank. It has 3-4" of 50/50 profile and
      Flourite. Deep enough that it would take serious effort to release much of the
      nutrients to the water column.

      --

      Scott Lewis