Profile Turface MVP

  • rjga@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2003
      Does anyone have experience with this? I just got some and it looks great,
      but I don't think it releases iron, so I may need an amendment. Any suggestions?

      Robert J. Goldstein, Ph.D.
      Robert J. Goldstein & Associates, Inc.
      Environmental Consultants
      8480 Garvey Drive
      Raleigh, NC 27616 USA
      tel (919) 872-1174
      fax (919) 872-9214
      URL www.rjgaCarolina.com
      e-mail rgoldstein@...

    • Scott Lewis
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24, 2003
        rjga@... wrote:

        > Does anyone have experience with this? I just got some and it looks great,
        > but I don't think it releases iron, so I may need an amendment. Any suggestions?

        Have you considered putting a layer of granulated iron supplement to the bottom of
        the tank prior to adding the substrate?

        I did this with my tank and it seems to be running just fine. In fact, I will
        probably do ten times as much to my next tank. It has 3-4" of 50/50 profile and
        Flourite. Deep enough that it would take serious effort to release much of the
        nutrients to the water column.

        --

        Scott Lewis