Tampa Bay Aquarium Society Meeting Notice

  • Mr. Fish
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 1999
      The Tampa Bay Aquarium Society
      Invites you to
      Come join us as we have a very special program this month

      Neal Gray will talk about his experiences with Koi

      Dr. Gray travels the world to attend Koi shows and this promises to be a
      very informative talk.

      Also this month (coincidentally) the bowl show is Koi and Gold Fish
      (what planning).

      As usual we will have a fish and fishy stuff auction.

      We will be meeting in the Great Taylor Room
      At
      The Florida Aquarium
      http://www2.sptimes.com/aquarium/default.html
      701 Channelside Drive, Tampa, Florida 33602
      Monday 8 November 1999, 7 PM

      If you need directions:
      http://www2.sptimes.com/Aquarium/FA.3.4.html

      Hope to see you there, and if possible bring a friend.

      Remember the Tampa Bay Aquarium Society Meets the second Monday of Every
      Month at the Florida Aquarium

      PS. Send this email to other fishy people.

      Thanks,

      Mr. Fish

      Visit our web page at: http://www.aka.org/TBAS/tbas.html

      <*{{{{}><
      <%}}}}><
    • Mr. Fish
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6 6:10 AM
        Just a reminder:

        The Tampa Bay Aquarium Society meets this upcoming Monday , April 10th,
        2000, at the Florida Aquarium in Downtown Tampa. The meeting starts at
        7 PM. This month we feature two study groups, One will be on Live Foods
        and the other will be on Cichlids. The live food segment will be led by
        Bill Shields, who will show us how to turn elephant dung into a valuable
        source of protein for your fish. In addition, the cichlid group will be
        led by noted speaker, explorer and author, Jim Cormier. In addition to
        the two study groups, the Society, which meets the second Monday of
        every month, features an auction of fish, plants, equipment and other
        fishy related equipment. Aquarium keepers of all ages and skill levels
        are invited to attend. Admission is free.
        The Tampa Bay Aquarium Society regularly sponsors talks by speakers of
        note. The March meeting featured Belgian aquarist Henri DeBruyn,
        talking about his collecting fish in the wilds of Florida. In June,
        Trey Clark, one of the country's leading experts on goldfish will be
        speaking.
        The Tampa Bay Aquarium Society Presents its 7th Annual Giant Tropical
        Fish Auction on April 29, 2000 at Lakewood High School St. Petersburg
        FL.
        All Tropical Fish related items will be auctioned, including fish,
        aquarium equipment, plants and much more. The auction will start at
        12:00 noon. Registration of items to be auctioned will start at 10:00
        am. There will be a 50/50 Seller/Club split for all non-donated items
        auctioned. For more information contact Jim Cormier, Phone
        (727)345-2270 or e-mail him at jdcfish@...
        Other aquatic events coming up in the near future: The American
        Killifish Association in conjunction with the Suncoast Killifish Society
        is having their Annual Convention in Tampa on Memorial Day weekend.
        The St. Petersburg Cichlid Association will hold an all cichlid show at
        the Lakewood High High in south St. Petersburg on on April 29th

        For more information on all the above events see our web page at:
        http://www.aka.org/tbas/tbas.html. Or call Mike Jacobs at 727 867-6140.
        =============================
        PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION ALONG TO WHOM EVER MIGHT BENEFIT FROM
        IT<>>>>>THANKS

        <%{{{{}><

        <*}}}}><
      • Mr. Fish
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14, 2000
          Hi Everybody,

          I want to remind and invite you to the upcoming meeting of the Tampa Bay

          Aquarium Society this coming Monday, August 14th, 2000

          In addition to the regular stuff of Door Prizes, Fish auction, bowl show

          and general fishy stuff going on, This month is election month, and it
          appears that the officers are pretty wrapped up but you might want to
          show up for the Board of Directors as there are a few people that wont
          make the cut in musical chairs.

          The bowl show for the month is Betta and Anabantids.

          For a program we will be showing a tape from a previous Marine Aquarium
          Conference of North America (MACNA) and discussing the upcoming MACNA
          Convention in Ft. Lauderdale at the end of September.

          ANd of course some general fish talk as always.

          The meeting which starts at 7 PM will be held at our normal meeting
          place in the Florida Aquarium.

          If you need more information, or directions, don't hesitate to email me.

          Best Fishes,

          Mr. Fish

          --