Re: [aquatic-plants] Low GH, High KH

  • Bob Ashcraft
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
      What does your tap water test? Is it the same? If you're doing water
      changes, your tank water should be close to your tap water.

      Bob Ashcraft

      emiller12000 wrote:

      > Hi All,
      > I am new to the aquarium hobby and would like to ask if anyone could
      > explain why we have a 55 gallon heavily planted cycled aquarium that
      > registers 20 ppm GH and 130 ppm KH. This does not seem normal.
      > Any ideas as to what might be wrong would greatly be appreciated.
      >
      > Ed Miller

    • Edward Miller
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2002
        Hi Bob,
        We don't use tap water in our tanks. Our local tap is 8.2 pH.
        We had an algae bloom since I wrote in so conditions have changed. We did a
        massive water change with DI water and have the pH down to 6.6 along with
        the KH to 80 ppm. We also added peat moss to the filter.

        emiller12000 wrote:

        > Hi All,
        > I am new to the aquarium hobby and would like to ask if anyone could
        > explain why we have a 55 gallon heavily planted cycled aquarium that
        > registers 20 ppm GH and 130 ppm KH. This does not seem normal.
        > Any ideas as to what might be wrong would greatly be appreciated.
        >
        > Ed Miller
        >

        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor