Dennerle "Siesta"

  • Bryan Bankhead
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 1999
      Dennerle reccomends a 3-4 hour light Siesta in the middle of your day to
      arrest algae. Anybody have any success with this or know how it's
      supposed to do the job?
    • Richard F. Long , Jr.
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7, 1999
        I've never tried it or heard of it. However,since algae seems to be very
        light reactive it makes some sense. The only problem I see is the setting
        up of the timers for the lights.
        I would probably just reduce the intensity to give it a try. Thats my "two
        cents" and it may not even be worth that!
        Rich Long

        On Friday, September 03, 1999 1:01 PM, Bryan Bankhead
        [SMTP:bbank@...] wrote:
        > From: Bryan Bankhead <bbank@...>
        >
        > Dennerle reccomends a 3-4 hour light Siesta in the middle of your day to
        > arrest algae. Anybody have any success with this or know how it's
        > supposed to do the job?

        > ATTN. PET LOVERS! Get a NextCard Visa and ONElist & NextCard will donate
        > $20 to Canine Companions. NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9 FIXED APR.
        > Make a difference for disabled individuals; make a difference for
        yourself!

      • Richard F. Long , Jr.
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 7, 1999
          Good call Bob! That is even more logical. That way our plants are not out of cycle also.
          Rich Long

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 7, 1999
            I would suggest a nice nightlight as a gift. Then when its not used throw a guilt trip on her!
            Seriously though ,the food reduction sounds like a good idea since the plants are doing so well.
            I guess I've been lucky, so far no algae problems in my tanks. So tonite when get home I'll have it! Me and my big mouth!

            On Tuesday, September 07, 1999 11:15 AM, L K [SMTP:lksholy@...] wrote:
            > From: lksholy@... (L K)
            >
            > I am enjoying this thread.
            >
            > any suggestions on how to get my friend not to use her aquarium as a
            > night light? it gets indirect southern exposure during the day. the side
            > that gets the indirect light has a good amount of algae built up. the
            > oto's are not getting it. I did suggest that she cut back on feeding
            > the fish, I think that will help a great deal. she does have excellent
            > plant growth, and the algae is only on the one wall. Easy enough to
            > clean,, I suppose, I could just put a block on that side.
            >

            > [Attachments have been removed from this message]

            > ATTN. PET LOVERS! Get a NextCard Visa and ONElist & NextCard will donate
            > $20 to Canine Companions. NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9 FIXED APR.
            > Make a difference for disabled individuals; make a difference for yourself!

          • Ashcraft, Bob

              From: "Richard F. Long , Jr." <RFLong@...>

            • lksholy@xxxxx.xxxxxxxx)