Re: [aquatic-plants] alga identification

  • Evhen Smereka
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2000
      Hello,
      I have taken into consideration all the information
      and have tried the following:
      I made two (2) water changes (about 15% each time) in
      the space of four (4) days and using the siphon as a
      vaccum cleaner on the plant leaves. It really pulls
      the algae off without any effort. This has resulted in
      a reduction of about 75% in the algae content. I will
      do another water change (same amount) in a few days.
      Also I have added two (2) other fish and will add
      still one more after the next water change. This is
      due to the fact that I am completely taking down a few
      tanks for an annual overhaul. My maximum fish load per
      tank is about 5 gallons of water per fish.
      Till next time.
      Evhen

      http://mail.yahoo.com/