Re: [aprspoint] MapPoint Update Time Again!

  • Stephen H. Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2009
      KT2T - Mike Oliver wrote:
      Stephen H. Smith wrote:

      Once again Microsoft has released new versions of MapPoint and Streets &
      Trips on the first of September.   And yes, again the map data format
      has remained unchanged -- meaning the data from this version can be used
      to update older versions of MapPoint or Streets & Trips.

      Users of APRSpoint or UIview (via the UI-Point plug-in) may be
      interested in the free "trial" download of MapPoint 2010,   which can be
      used to update data in older versions of these programs.      Full
      how-to details on my web site at:

          <http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/MapPoint-Data-Update.htm>

      Excellent work as ever Stephen, thanks for the updated tutorial.

      73,
      Mike

      In the three hours (before midnight Eastern Time when my web stats reset) since I posted the page at 6 PM Pacific, there have been 24 hits on the page.

      I expect many more by midnight Friday 4 Sept EDT, when the full impact of simultaneous posts on the APRSpoint list, the UIview list and the TAPR  APRSsig list late today start having full effect (including the second half of the evening 3 Sept Pacific time which misses the midnight EST cutoff).

    • az_mopar
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2009
        Your process work fine.

        However, I have a file in the data directory "USAARTS.ITS".. any idea what that is for, and if it can be deleted.

        It might be interesting to see what files you should end up with in the data directory.

        Thanks for your excellent work on these updates.

        Bill W2NSG