Re: [aprsisce] Should IGate packets go out on RF as well?

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
      Right now, your observations are correct. Any message you send will be
      sent over all active interfaces. As part of the multi-interface
      generalization and Messaging enhancements, I'll be fixing this. First I
      need to track WHICH interface heard a station (the current version knows
      if it was heard on RF, but doesn't know which mode). Then I can be much
      more intelligent about sending messages back where the station was heard
      (even if more than one) as well as gating messages onto to that(those)
      same interface(s).

      I've got a ToDo item to "Select specific RF Interfaces for message
      transmission" which will allow you more direct control over which
      Interface(s) you want to direct the message via. This will allow
      RF-only contacts via things like APRS Messenger (APRS over PSK-63 on 30m).

      As part of my RF interface generalization, I'll be allowing the
      specification of a "Band" per interface to make it easy to remember if a
      particular interface is HF, VHF, UHF, -IS, or anything else the user
      wants to call them. These are the options that will be presented in the
      Message Send dialog along with individual interfaces (hopefully). If
      all goes as I hope, these Interface Bands will also be configurable for
      some parameters (like Path, Rate, Beacon Text, IGating and such) and
      Interfaces attached to the Band will inherit or override those
      settings. Of course, any setting not set at the Band level will inherit
      the base configuration settings still allowing a single configuration
      for simplicity.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Too many Ideas and Plans, never enough Time!