Re: [aprsisce] Newbie - Definitions of different colours on the Station List

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2010
      g4mhj@... wrote:
      > It is perhaps an obvious question but could somebody tell me the exact definition of the various colours in the left hand station list. My previous APRS experience was about 6 years ago using UIView.

      Welcome back to APRS! It's not an obvious question and even current
      UI-View users would are still wondering about APRSISCE/32's colors.
      Here's the scoop (and adding this to the Wiki too!).

      The Scrolling Station window shows stations (or objects) from which
      packets were recently received. This window communicates many things
      about the station as follows.

      Callsign-SSID - This one's pretty obvious, except it can be strange for
      object IDs.

      * - A * after the callsign indicates that the packet was received from
      RF (AGW, KISS or TEXT ports)

      n - If there's a number after the *, it counts how many times the packet
      was received (total of IS and RF digipeats).

      Symbol - current station symbol including all spec-specified assumptions
      based on:
      1) Explicit statement in packet
      2) Weather data is a weather symbol
      3) GPSxxx specification in ToCall (Page 92/103 of aprs101.pdf)
      4) Assumption based on -SSID value (Page 93/103 of aprs101.pdf)
      5) APRSISCE/32 also uses ~ for Telemetry data if no other symbol was
      previously known

      Colors: - This is where it gets interesting...

      Black on White - No position known for the station

      Red-Yellow-Green - Scaled color based on proximity (Red = close, Green =
      far)
      The scale of this conversion is the circle on the map. If the station
      is within the circle, the color will vary from Green (outer edge) to Red
      (dead center) based on how close the station is to the coordinates at
      the center of the screen.

      Reversed Red-Yellow-Green - Scaled as above, but reverse video for
      callsigns that seem to be in your extra filter as a "buddy" (b/) or
      "friend" (f/). This may get some false positives until I add explicit
      Buddy and Friend filter configuration.

      "Invalid" color Background - See details in the upcoming "Invalids"
      trace log
      Purple - Duplicate packet
      Pink - Too Quick packet (sub second)
      Red - Too Fast packet (>20,000mph or double rolling average)
      Aqua - "Restart" packet (long story, under development)
      Gray - Unknown Invalid (should never be seen)

      Yellow background - Other APRSISCE/32 users have a yellow background
      unless something else overrides the color (like buddy).

      I think that's all the colors that can show up there, but if you see
      something else, send a question in and ask!

    • g4mhj@btinternet.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2010
        Thanks for the reply.

        It's now making much more sense.