Re: [aprsisce] New release problem and old questions

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
      Krzysiek wrote:
      > thanks for prompt answer.
      > I expected that my previous requests/questions were already answsered or
      > concerned by you.
      > Anyway, it was much easier for me to rise them than to search in your long
      > ToDo list.
      > I hope you'll forgive me this approach ;-).
      >
      > Next time I promise to save your time searching first in your features/ToDo
      > database.

      Not a problem. I believe that for every person that asks a question,
      there's probably 3 or 4 more that are interested in the answer. Ask
      away! Sometimes my ToDo list items aren't worded correctly or are
      incomplete and there only as reminders to me for more than what the
      words say.

      > Regarding last release incompatibility with my WM5.0, if any help from my
      > side (logs or so) can be usefull just tell me.

      It doesn't give you any messages when you run it, does it? Something
      about not being a valid windows application? I suspect I'm using some
      Windows Mobile 6 feature, but I need to track down what it might be. I
      did try building a version for Windows Mobile 5, but apparently I don't
      have the full development environment in place yet.

      > Probably this is language issue but I didn't cach what you mentioned in PS.
      > "but if you switch to development updates, you can have a sneak preview".
      > What development updates you mean and where can I find them? It is about
      > release notes?

      If you edit the XML configuration file
      (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/editing-xml-configuration) and set the
      <Update.Development> value to 1, the About version check will check for
      a development version rather than a released version. Be aware that the
      development versions are sometimes unstable and may do unexpected things
      (like the TraceLock window in there now). Instability will usually
      clear up in a few hours with another new version when I'm working on
      it. You can always set the <Update.Development> back to 0 and do an
      About to get back to the latest release version.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
    • Colin Catlin
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
        Hi Lynn,

        If it is any help, Version 2010/04/0108:44 works fine on my WM5 O5.1.465 (Build 15673.3.3.1) Orange M3100.

        73,
        Colin.

        On 01/04/2010 15:45, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:

        Krzysiek wrote:
        > thanks for prompt answer.
        > I expected that my previous requests/questions were already answsered or
        > concerned by you.
        > Anyway, it was much easier for me to rise them than to search in your long
        > ToDo list.
        > I hope you'll forgive me this approach ;-).
        >
        > Next time I promise to save your time searching first in your features/ToDo
        > database.

        Not a problem. I believe that for every person that asks a question,
        there's probably 3 or 4 more that are interested in the answer. Ask
        away! Sometimes my ToDo list items aren't worded correctly or are
        incomplete and there only as reminders to me for more than what the
        words say.

        > Regarding last release incompatibility with my WM5.0, if any help from my
        > side (logs or so) can be usefull just tell me.

        It doesn't give you any messages when you run it, does it? Something
        about not being a valid windows application? I suspect I'm using some
        Windows Mobile 6 feature, but I need to track down what it might be. I
        did try building a version for Windows Mobile 5, but apparently I don't
        have the full development environment in place yet.

        > Probably this is language issue but I didn't cach what you mentioned in PS.
        > "but if you switch to development updates, you can have a sneak preview".
        > What development updates you mean and where can I find them? It is about
        > release notes?

        If you edit the XML configuration file
        (http://aprsisce. wikidot.com/ editing-xml- configuration) and set the
        <Update.Development > value to 1, the About version check will check for
        a development version rather than a released version. Be aware that the
        development versions are sometimes unstable and may do unexpected things
        (like the TraceLock window in there now). Instability will usually
        clear up in a few hours with another new version when I'm working on
        it. You can always set the <Update.Development > back to 0 and do an
        About to get back to the latest release version.

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      • Krzysiek
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
            > If it is any help, Version 2010/04/0108:44 works fine on my WM5
            > O5.1.465 (Build 15673.3.3.1) Orange M3100.

            Hi!

            I've checked that latest development release doesn't work also :-(.
            My WM5.0 is 5.1.525 (Build 15363.3.4.3).
            --
            Chris
          • Krzysiek
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 9, 2010
              > I've checked that latest development release doesn't work also :-(.
              > My WM5.0 is 5.1.525 (Build 15363.3.4.3).

              Lynn,

              today's development version 2010/04/09 07:33 works on my Samsung SGH-i600
              with WM5.0.
              --
              Regards,

              Chris
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 9, 2010
                Krzysiek wrote:
> [...]

                That's good. I found a few startup synchronization issues that may have
                been the culprit. I'm still looking at one on my own phone with this
                morning's release. Sometimes I need to start the client 2 or 3 times to
                get it to come up. This is ALWAYS right after closing it for an upgrade
                while still connected to ActiveSync (Windows Mobile Device Center). I'm
                thinking there's an issue if the synchronizer has the APRSISCE.LOG file
                locked when I try to rename it on startup.

                At least you're back on-line! Thanks for the notice.

                Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
              • David Shrum
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 9, 2010
                  Works on my Touch Pro as well.