[aprsisce] New release problem and old questions

  • Krzysiek
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1 1:51 AM
      Lynn,

      last two releases do not work on my Samsung SGH-i600 with WM5.0 while all
      earlier and APRSIS32 do.
      "Do not work" means not even start, so I have to use the release 2010/03/16.

      This is the main issue for me now.
      I would also remind my below questions as they were skipped or just missed
      by you.
      Thank you in advance for answers.
      --
      Regrads,

      Chris
      SQ5NWI

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1 6:22 AM
        Chris,

        I did get your original message about scrolling w/o a touch-screen.
        I've got a ToDo item:

        "Numeric keypad shortcuts to some functions (2 for up, 8 down, 4 left, 6
        right) (Sean Brad Inggs ZR5BBL)"

        The same applies to the "Find station" request:

        "Find station dialog (enter callsign to center)"

        These are both in the "User/Alternate Input:" section of the ToDos.
        I've also been striving to make sure I add menu options for any new
        mouse/click functions added to the client.

        As for the latest version not starting on WM5.0, I'm not sure what
        happened. I'll try doing a difference listing between 2010/03/16 and
        the release after that to see what I might have done that is
        WM6-specific. Thank you for providing the last working version, it will
        help focus my search.

        PS. Yes, there is a new release coming sometime. I've got scrolling
        diagnostic windows working on Win32 and am trying to manage the memory
        consumption for Windows Mobile and still have some of the same
        capability. Probably sometime next week it will be out, but if you
        switch to development updates, you can have a sneak preview.

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1 6:59 AM
          Lynn,

          thanks for prompt answer.
          I expected that my previous requests/questions were already answsered or
          concerned by you.
          Anyway, it was much easier for me to rise them than to search in your long
          ToDo list.
          I hope you'll forgive me this approach ;-).

          Next time I promise to save your time searching first in your features/ToDo
          database.

          Regarding last release incompatibility with my WM5.0, if any help from my
          side (logs or so) can be usefull just tell me.

          Probably this is language issue but I didn't cach what you mentioned in PS.
          "but if you switch to development updates, you can have a sneak preview".
          What development updates you mean and where can I find them? It is about
          release notes?

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1 7:45 AM
            Krzysiek wrote:
            > thanks for prompt answer.
            > I expected that my previous requests/questions were already answsered or
            > concerned by you.
            > Anyway, it was much easier for me to rise them than to search in your long
            > ToDo list.
            > I hope you'll forgive me this approach ;-).
            >
            > Next time I promise to save your time searching first in your features/ToDo
            > database.

            Not a problem. I believe that for every person that asks a question,
            there's probably 3 or 4 more that are interested in the answer. Ask
            away! Sometimes my ToDo list items aren't worded correctly or are
            incomplete and there only as reminders to me for more than what the
            words say.

            > Regarding last release incompatibility with my WM5.0, if any help from my
            > side (logs or so) can be usefull just tell me.

            It doesn't give you any messages when you run it, does it? Something
            about not being a valid windows application? I suspect I'm using some
            Windows Mobile 6 feature, but I need to track down what it might be. I
            did try building a version for Windows Mobile 5, but apparently I don't
            have the full development environment in place yet.

            > Probably this is language issue but I didn't cach what you mentioned in PS.
            > "but if you switch to development updates, you can have a sneak preview".
            > What development updates you mean and where can I find them? It is about
            > release notes?

            If you edit the XML configuration file
            (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/editing-xml-configuration) and set the
            <Update.Development> value to 1, the About version check will check for
            a development version rather than a released version. Be aware that the
            development versions are sometimes unstable and may do unexpected things
            (like the TraceLock window in there now). Instability will usually
            clear up in a few hours with another new version when I'm working on
            it. You can always set the <Update.Development> back to 0 and do an
            About to get back to the latest release version.

            Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
          • Colin Catlin
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1 8:33 AM
              Hi Lynn,

              If it is any help, Version 2010/04/0108:44 works fine on my WM5 O5.1.465 (Build 15673.3.3.1) Orange M3100.

              73,
              Colin.

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1 2:55 PM
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 1 11:29 PM
                  > If it is any help, Version 2010/04/0108:44 works fine on my WM5
                  > O5.1.465 (Build 15673.3.3.1) Orange M3100.

                  Hi!

                  I've checked that latest development release doesn't work also :-(.
                  My WM5.0 is 5.1.525 (Build 15363.3.4.3).
                  --
                  Chris
                • Krzysiek
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 9 7:35 AM
                    > I've checked that latest development release doesn't work also :-(.
                    > My WM5.0 is 5.1.525 (Build 15363.3.4.3).

                    Lynn,

                    today's development version 2010/04/09 07:33 works on my Samsung SGH-i600
                    with WM5.0.
                    --
                    Regards,

                    Chris
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 9 7:42 AM
                      Krzysiek wrote:
> [...]

                      That's good. I found a few startup synchronization issues that may have
                      been the culprit. I'm still looking at one on my own phone with this
                      morning's release. Sometimes I need to start the client 2 or 3 times to
                      get it to come up. This is ALWAYS right after closing it for an upgrade
                      while still connected to ActiveSync (Windows Mobile Device Center). I'm
                      thinking there's an issue if the synchronizer has the APRSISCE.LOG file
                      locked when I try to rename it on startup.

                      At least you're back on-line! Thanks for the notice.

                      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
                    • David Shrum
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 9 4:26 PM
                        Works on my Touch Pro as well.