Re: Bluetooth module

  • w7boz
    Message 1 of 36 , May 2, 2011
      A Tilt for $10. Thats a great deal. Pretty easy to connect the Tilt to a Bluetooth device. Not sure about the T2.... I use my HTC HD2 running aprsisce/ce to a Bluetooth to serial module I am working on. Once you get the devices talking you configure it as a com port. Well, at least on mine. :) If run in to problems let me know and I will try to help you.

      Kevin
      W7BOZ

      PS. To anyone in terested, I will have my HTC Mogul that works with Aprisce very well for sell shortly. If interested email me and I will give you details and a price.

      Message 36 of 36 , Mar 8 6:25 AM
        (Fixed the subject, sorry 'bout that!)

        I have a MobiLink sitting here on my desk, I just need to power it up and connect it to a radio to ensure that it works as desired.  It should "just work" with a Simply(KISS) port type.

        However, you don't want to use it as an IGate or Digi (from APRSISCE/32) unless you implement his hardware patch to disable the long-term packet buffering that it does when the BT link is down.  It can cause delayed packets to be introduced to the APRS-IS in this default mode.

        Anyone out there using one with APRSISCE/32?

        PS.  The MobiLink designer has some out-of-band information between the KISS packets that I'd like to access, so eventually there may be a custom MobiLink port type.

        On 3/8/2014 7:32 AM, ve7mdt@... wrote:
        Ironically now I am well prepared to buy the mobilink and thus revisiting this Group to see if it's compatible with APRSISCE (and/or APRSIS32), although I can also use Android.