Kantronics KPC3+

  • tbanks204
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2011
      KC0WNY>ID: <UI>:
      KC0WNY/R WIDE1-1/D KC0WNY-1/B
      I am seeing this via my terminal program and can't figure out what is causing it, or what it means. Can someone throw me a bone? Thanks KC0WNY
    • Randy Love
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2011
        Your KPC3  had BEA set.
        At the cmd: prompt for the KPC3 in your terminal program type this:
        BEA E 0

        That should turn it off.
        The actual message is set by the BTEXT command.

        73,
        Randy
        WF5X

        On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 7:21 PM, tbanks204 <tbanks204@...> wrote:

        KC0WNY>ID: <UI>:
        KC0WNY/R WIDE1-1/D KC0WNY-1/B
        I am seeing this via my terminal program and can't figure out what is causing it, or what it means. Can someone throw me a bone? Thanks KC0WNY

      • Alan
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2011
          Turn HID off. ID is worthless on the APRS network.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2011
            HID is the culprit, not BEAcon settings.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2011
              Didn't pay attention to the destination.
              I B corrected.

              WF5X