Re: [aprsisce] Re: alternate map sources

    Message 1 of 36 , Apr 30, 2011
      On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Ron Callahan N9SZV <n9szv@...> wrote:

      > I meant no disrespect by calling you Jim...so I apologize, James

      No worries... just don't expect me to jump and pay attention if you
      yell that name across a crowded hamfest room.

      I see a lot of use of "Jim" in email reflectors. BTW, I would have
      responded before Fred jumped in there, but I was off on a tangent
      looking at all the different tile sets available on Cloudmade.

      I also found some limited sets for orienteering that only have zoom
      levels 12 through 18 available.

      Been off on more tangents since then too... been poking at a Q2220E
      duplexer, dealing with a flaky tuning capacitor on the low pass side
      that's causing me lots of grief. It changes value if I apply a little
      pressure on it, making it extremely difficult to get a nice clean
      reject dip. I feel like dripping a little wax down there to hold the
      darned thing in place!

      Message 36 of 36 , Mar 8 6:25 AM
        (Fixed the subject, sorry 'bout that!)

        I have a MobiLink sitting here on my desk, I just need to power it up and connect it to a radio to ensure that it works as desired.  It should "just work" with a Simply(KISS) port type.

        However, you don't want to use it as an IGate or Digi (from APRSISCE/32) unless you implement his hardware patch to disable the long-term packet buffering that it does when the BT link is down.  It can cause delayed packets to be introduced to the APRS-IS in this default mode.

        Anyone out there using one with APRSISCE/32?

        PS.  The MobiLink designer has some out-of-band information between the KISS packets that I'd like to access, so eventually there may be a custom MobiLink port type.

        On 3/8/2014 7:32 AM, ve7mdt@... wrote:
        Ironically now I am well prepared to buy the mobilink and thus revisiting this Group to see if it's compatible with APRSISCE (and/or APRSIS32), although I can also use Android.