Re: [aprsisce] alternate map sources

  • Gene Young N9MXQ
    Message 1 of 36 , Apr 30, 2011
      A listing of all the past mentioned sources would be nice too.. I lost track of all the different sources.

      On 4/30/2011 10:37 AM, Ron wrote:

      has any one found any new map source other than the default and Mapquest? if you have can you post how to add it?

      Ron N9SZV

      Gene Young N9MXQ

      Message 36 of 36 , Mar 8 6:25 AM
        (Fixed the subject, sorry 'bout that!)

        I have a MobiLink sitting here on my desk, I just need to power it up and connect it to a radio to ensure that it works as desired.  It should "just work" with a Simply(KISS) port type.

        However, you don't want to use it as an IGate or Digi (from APRSISCE/32) unless you implement his hardware patch to disable the long-term packet buffering that it does when the BT link is down.  It can cause delayed packets to be introduced to the APRS-IS in this default mode.

        Anyone out there using one with APRSISCE/32?

        PS.  The MobiLink designer has some out-of-band information between the KISS packets that I'd like to access, so eventually there may be a custom MobiLink port type.

        On 3/8/2014 7:32 AM, ve7mdt@... wrote:
        Ironically now I am well prepared to buy the mobilink and thus revisiting this Group to see if it's compatible with APRSISCE (and/or APRSIS32), although I can also use Android.