Re: [aprsisce] Change Location

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 27, 2010
      On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Russell Blair
      <russell_blair86@...> wrote:

      > James I have a HF6V next to the house. and I do live on Blue Cypress Dr.

      The Google Streetview images aren't that good in your area, I couldn't
      see any house numbers, and the Google house numbering is usually off.
      An HF6V is pretty small, and there are a lot of trees...

      > I cant move it on the MAP, I tryed to just pick me up and the whole map moves.

      Try dragging the view so that your real house location is centered.
      You should be able to zoom in tight enough to be able to figure out
      where the center of the circle is, relative to your house. Once you
      get aimed at your house, hit the TRANSMIT menu item. It should pop up
      a window that says: Move ME to center? Click on yes, and you should
      move to the new location.

    • Russell Blair
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 27, 2010
        Thanks James that did it. I live at Blus Cypress and Tarpley, you should see my RV in the side yard, southwest corner.

        Russell NC5O

        1- Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door!
        2- A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
        - Gerald Ford

        " IN GOD WE TRUST "

        Russell Blair (NC5O)
        Skype-Russell.Blair
        Hell Field #300
        DRCC #55
        30m Dig-group #693

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 27, 2010
          Russell Blair wrote:
          > On the APRSIS/32 map of Texas it shows my location in the wrong place how can I change it ?.

          Drag the map, zoom in as necessary, get your desired location where you
          want it and click Transmit. This is all assuming you do not have an
          NMEA GPS connected or enabled. The program should ask if you want to
          "Move ME to Center"?. Click Yes and your current location will be moved.

          If you do not get the question or if Transmit is disabled when the GPS
          is disabled, you need to get the latest version either via About or from
          the APRSISCE Yahoo Group Files section.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 27, 2010
            On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Russell Blair
            <russell_blair86@...> wrote:

            > Thanks James that did it. I live at Blus Cypress and Tarpley,
            > you should see my RV in the side yard, southwest corner.

            I don't see any updated position reports on the APRS-IS, so you must
            be playing offline. I do however see you HF6V on the side of the house
            now... pretty blurry image from Google Streetview.

            The images are much clearer in my area...

            http://tinyurl.com/ve6srv