Re: [aprsisce] Re: Correct setup of APRSIS32 to be a SATGATE for ISS

    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 11 11:37 AM
      On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Steve Daniels
      <steve@...> wrote:

      > I was planning to write for two scenarios, just a sat gate where
      > the only things you worry about are things seen over RF (apart
      > from the gating RF to IS)
      >
      > And the second where you would like to see world wide activity.
      >
      > I think that would cover most things.

      Probably... just don't get upset if I ask you why you're doing certain
      things... I like to know what's going on, and why. Sometimes that can
      turn up issues that might have been overlooked.

      I'm not trying to pretend to know everything, but sometimes we can
      overlook stuff, and having to justify certain settings can reveal
      things we've overlooked. I like it when people drag me up on the
      carpet to defend my suggested settings. It makes me have to really dig
      into the reasoning behind everything, and sometimes reveals flaws in
      my thought processes.

      There are a lot of things with APRS that were "just the way it has
      always been done" that I have questioned and revised over the years.
      Some of it is now the "de facto" standard. There are also things I use
      to do that I no longer continue to do because I have been shown a
      better way.