Metric system

  • Anton
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2009
      Is it possible to switch units to metric system?
      I'm also change path for cached OSM maps to storage card in xml, is it possible to make this directly in menu in next version?
      Also is missing for me possibility for free moving on map (like google maps on wm) without restrictions on aprs station.

      Aprsisce seems by great plug and play program on wm for novice and lazy nonradio aprs hams like me :) In Slovakia we have problems with only few Radio gate, therefore is only few people on aprs and aprsisce seems to be way for expansion aprs in Slovakia... I play little bit also with aprsce / AGW CE and aprsisce is very easy for setting and using for me.

      Sorry for my English, i don't have problem with reading, but with writing something :)
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2009
        Anton wrote:
        > Is it possible to switch units to metric system?

        I'll add that one to the list. Currently it's very US-centric.
        > I'm also change path for cached OSM maps to storage card in xml, is it possible to make this directly in menu in next version?

        That is already on the list, but I'm glad you found the .XML
        configuration file and got it changed. The OSM directory currently
        grows and grows without upper bound. A future version will track usage
        of the cached tiles and delete ones that have not been referenced for
        some configurable time period. I'm also planning to provide some
        visibility to how many tiles at the various zoom levels are in the cache
        and how much space they occupy.
        > Also is missing for me possibility for free moving on map (like google maps on wm) without restrictions on aprs station.

        That is actually the top of the list, but I really need to manage the
        OSM cache before I do this one. When you can drag around the map, you
        can really buffer a BUNCH of OSM tiles. My phone currently has over
        300MB of cached tiles (yes, mine is on the SD card also).
        > Aprsisce seems by great plug and play program on wm for novice and lazy nonradio aprs hams like me :) In Slovakia we have problems with only few Radio gate, therefore is only few people on aprs and aprsisce seems to be way for expansion aprs in Slovakia... I play little bit also with aprsce / AGW CE and aprsisce is very easy for setting and using for me.

        Thanks for the compliments. I'm striving to keep it simple to use, yet
        powerful enough to cover anything most people would want to do.
        > Sorry for my English, i don't have problem with reading, but with writing something :)

        The goal of any language is communication and you have succeeded in
        doing that. Thank you for the response and the suggestions!

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile