Re: Open tracker in Kiss mode

  • rcgreenw
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2011
      I was just working on this on Saturday with my OT2m. The laptop battery died, so I didn't get a chance to do a final test, but I think I found the important information. (I'm using the win32 version, not the wince version, so it may be a little different.) You need to close the application and edit the config .xml file (APRSIS32.xml in my case). Find where the port is defined and look for the OpenCmd. The important one is the line that says "KISS ON". It should be "AMODE KISS" for the OpenTracker2. The first two OpenCmc lines make sure it is paying attention. The others can be removed or modified to change the config, like "INTERVAL 0" so it doesn't beacon on it's own, etc. If I get a chance to play with it more later this week, I'll post the exact config lines that work for me.
      --Rich (AE6PS)