Re: [aprsisce] Kenwood TS2000 and US Interface Navigator setup

  • Nigel Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2011
      I don't have the manual handy but it's something like an 8 port USB hub feeding several USB/serial adaptors and a USB
      sound card. USB ports are also used to configure the unit and drive a morse keyer chip.

      On 10-Apr-11 22:59, James Ewen wrote:
      > On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Nigel Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF<nigel@...> wrote:
      >
      >> The navigator has built in sound card USB/serial converters and 4 port USB hub.
      >
      > Okay, so there are 4 virtual serial ports in the unit? It can't be a 4
      > physical port USB hub as there is only a single USB B connector. There
      > would need to be 4 USB A connectors on the device for it to be a 4
      > port USB hub.
      >
      >> It connects to the PC as a single USB port and provides 2 RX audio,
      >> 1 Tx audio, PTT, squelch interfaces and a spare
      >> uncomitted serial port to the radio.
      >
      > Okay, so all of those signals are on the USB connection. If the data
      > is being presented as an audio stream, then there will need to be some
      > type of soundcard decoder/encoder software such as AGWPE running in
      > the computer. You're going to have to figure out how to connect to the
      > proper audio stream, and also connect to the PTT interface.
      >
      > I'd scrap the whole thing and simply use the built in TNC in the
      > TS-2000. All it requires is a serial connection to the computer.
      >
      > James
      > VE6SRV

      Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937 825 5032
      Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF (was KC8NHF 9H3GN), e-mail nigel@... www http://www.ngunn.net
      Member of ARRL, GQRP #11396, QRPARCI #11644, SOC #548, Flying Pigs QRP Club International #385,
      Dayton ARA #2128, AMSAT-NA LM-1691, AMSAT-UK 0182, MKARS, ALC, GCARES, XWARN, EAA382.