Re: [aprsisce] Network-related hangs?

  • Greg D
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2011
      No, no LockFaile.log file on either system.  I'll check out the logging next time I do the VPN trip to the office.

      Greg  KO6TH

      Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

      If you could check Enables / Logging / Version and Enables / Logging /
      File Enabled and leave them enabled before, during, and after your next
      VPN excursion, I may be able to figure out what's going on. The About
      box, and a periodic background thread, access a file on a web server via
      HTTP to determine what the current version is. This uses the same
      connection logic that the APRS-IS does as well as the same as the OSM
      Map tile retrieval, but the background version checker might be the
      issue. There's some locking around that and it's possible that I'm not
      unlocking properly on a connection failure causing the About box to
      attempt to lock a corrupted resource.

      Also, do you have a LockFaile.log file in the directory with the .EXE?
      The contents of that might also be informative.