Re: [aprsisce] Objects (Dev: 2011/03/30 12:36)

    Message 1 of 40 , Apr 5, 2011
      On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Steve Daniels
      <steve@...> wrote:

      > What I love about the USA is you pay for something via tax and
      > get the data for free, (well other than having paid via tax) here you
      > pay for it via tax and then get to pay thousands to access the data after.

      Canada followed the UK standard for years, but just recently, the tide
      has turned. We are now getting overwhelmed with free access to our
      taxpayer's paid for data.

      If you look at the OSM map around my area, most of the rural roads
      came from CanVec, and the water and woods being imported are also from
      CanVec. The data may be a little less than perfect, but it is much
      better than the big blank that we had due to so few OSM users in such
      a large country. CanVec is also looking at using OSM contributed data
      to update their information in the future.

      The UK might see the light one day.

      Message 40 of 40 , Apr 5, 2011