Re: [aprsisce] Re: Residual KISS Data (was: ?)

  • Randy Love
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 4, 2011
      which leads me to believe that is it on in the TNC, and the TNC is expecting it, but APRSIS32 isn't using it, so the TNC effectively 'hangs' waiting to get there clear to send or receive control code.

      just a thought here. if he changes the xflow to off for the TNC, the issue may disappear.
      worth a shot, anyway.

      On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      No, XON/XOFF is considered harmful when binary data may be present, but that's the settings on Ron's UI-View setup, not APRSISCE/32.  And he says it works there, but not in KISS under APRSISCE/32.

      On 4/4/2011 9:38 PM, Randy Love wrote:
      On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Ron <n9szv@...> wrote:

      I did check now I am not sure. There is a kiss mode on UI-View32 but that is not what it is in:

      Comm set-up

      TNC type..DR-135TP
      Baud Rate 9600
      HandShaking Xon Xoff
      Host Mode NONE
      Data BITS 8
      STOP Bits 1
      Parity NONE
      COM port 1

      Ah, the Xon Xoff issue.
      Lynn  -  you don't support flow control, do you??

      Randy
      WF5X