Re: [aprsisce] Area object issue

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 1:42 PM
      Center on something else. Panning away is not sufficient, if the popup
      menu says "Killed Object", then you're still tracking it somewhere and
      that can only be changed by Following something else. It does NOT
      always show up at the bottom of the screen.

      This is double-true if even Clear / Clear Stations won't get rid of it.
      That option also preserves all stations that are currently being
      followed somewhere.

      PS. Before I get blasted to change this behavior, it is the way it is
      so you can be Following a balloon and still pan back over the
      accumulated track without losing the "buddy" (followed) status of the
      balloon allowing it to get out of range.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 3:46 PM
        On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

        > Center on something else.  Panning away is not sufficient, if the popup
        > menu says "Killed Object", then you're still tracking it somewhere and
        > that can only be changed by Following something else.  It does NOT
        > always show up at the bottom of the screen.

        You missed this part...

        >> (No, I'm not centered on the object... checked that one out!)

        Of course, I just tried to recreate the issue again, and now the
        object goes away after about 30 seconds. As far as I know, I was not
        tracking it anywhere... Will keep my eye out for this happening again.

        > PS.  Before I get blasted to change this behavior, it is the way it is
        > so you can be Following a balloon and still pan back over the
        > accumulated track without losing the "buddy" (followed) status of the
        > balloon allowing it to get out of range.

        I understand the concept, and like the idea... it looks like I just
        need to learn how to use the program perhaps.

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 7:20 PM
          Yeah, every time I'm staring at a killed object, I just go center on
          something else and it (usually) disappears pretty quickly after that.
          Of course, sometimes I have to do that to 4 or 5 (or more) MultiTracks
          to figure out which one I had it hooked in to.