Area object issue

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 12:06 PM
      Uh oh... I think I done did it again...

      I created an an area object (filled square), and then went and killed
      the object, then disabled it, then deleted it.

      The object is still on my screen, showing as a killed object. I can
      left click on in, and pull up information on the object, which tells
      me it's my object, and it is a killed object.

      The problem is that the object does not show up in my
      Configure|Objects menu. I can't find a way to get back into the object
      to delete it, or modify it in any way.

      (No, I'm not centered on the object... checked that one out!)

      I shut down and restarted, and the object is gone now...

      Just recreated the object, and went through the same sequence...
      another orphaned square on my screen.

      Anyone seeing this?

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 12:31 PM
        I can't reproduce what you did. I used a gridsquare since I didn't spend too much time looking for a filled squared.

        I could not left click on it after I killed it. I did go away after deleting it.

        Did the routine again, this time just used the generic X and I could left click on it just fine. I doubt the icon makes a difference.

        Email arrived and when I went back to look at the object, the label was gone and I could not left click on it until I did the configure/object thing and looked at it.

        Best regards,
        Fred

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 12:50 PM
          Mo'observation.
          Okay, after the X object was killed and I worked on another email, the label went away again. I clicked on show (made it a no-show) and it disappeared. Make it a show and it returns with no label still. This is zoomed in so labels should be on the map.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1 1:42 PM
            Center on something else. Panning away is not sufficient, if the popup
            menu says "Killed Object", then you're still tracking it somewhere and
            that can only be changed by Following something else. It does NOT
            always show up at the bottom of the screen.

            This is double-true if even Clear / Clear Stations won't get rid of it.
            That option also preserves all stations that are currently being
            followed somewhere.

            PS. Before I get blasted to change this behavior, it is the way it is
            so you can be Following a balloon and still pan back over the
            accumulated track without losing the "buddy" (followed) status of the
            balloon allowing it to get out of range.

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1 3:46 PM
              On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

              > Center on something else.  Panning away is not sufficient, if the popup
              > menu says "Killed Object", then you're still tracking it somewhere and
              > that can only be changed by Following something else.  It does NOT
              > always show up at the bottom of the screen.

              You missed this part...

              >> (No, I'm not centered on the object... checked that one out!)

              Of course, I just tried to recreate the issue again, and now the
              object goes away after about 30 seconds. As far as I know, I was not
              tracking it anywhere... Will keep my eye out for this happening again.

              > PS.  Before I get blasted to change this behavior, it is the way it is
              > so you can be Following a balloon and still pan back over the
              > accumulated track without losing the "buddy" (followed) status of the
              > balloon allowing it to get out of range.

              I understand the concept, and like the idea... it looks like I just
              need to learn how to use the program perhaps.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1 7:20 PM
                Yeah, every time I'm staring at a killed object, I just go center on
                something else and it (usually) disappears pretty quickly after that.
                Of course, sometimes I have to do that to 4 or 5 (or more) MultiTracks
                to figure out which one I had it hooked in to.