Re: [aprsisce] Map Problem

  • Henry Boudewijns
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
      I received this email and do not understand the meaning. My callsign is PA3EWG from the Netherlands and was seeking for aprisce.
      73 Henry PA3EWG

      2011/3/2 Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...>

      Hit right arrow a bunch of times. Since you've already messed with the
      zoom, it sounds like you've got the map transparency turned up to 100%
      transparent which makes the maps completely disappear. Left increases
      transparency, right decreases transparency (increases opacity). Both
      work in 5% increments.

      On 3/2/2011 4:07 PM, buhler50hf wrote:
      > As a new user I loaded the program last night, connected via my home WIFI and it showed my location on the street map as one would expect. I really like it, but need help.
      >
      > This morning, I was using my netbook offline mobile in my car. As I drove to work about 1 1/2 mile from home, I could see my position changing on the map. I turned of the netbook when I arrived at my destination. When I turned it back on the map was gone, but I could see the latitude and longitude lines when I zoomed out all the way.
      >
      > I reconnected to the internet when I returned home, but still do not have the map on the screen.
      >
      > Any suggestions on how to reload the map? I do have the map tile files in their folder.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Bruce
      > KD6DRU

    • buhler50hf
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
        Lynn, problem solved. Thanks for the quick lesson and for the great program.

        Bruce
        KD6DRU