Map Problem

  • buhler50hf
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
      As a new user I loaded the program last night, connected via my home WIFI and it showed my location on the street map as one would expect. I really like it, but need help.

      This morning, I was using my netbook offline mobile in my car. As I drove to work about 1 1/2 mile from home, I could see my position changing on the map. I turned of the netbook when I arrived at my destination. When I turned it back on the map was gone, but I could see the latitude and longitude lines when I zoomed out all the way.

      I reconnected to the internet when I returned home, but still do not have the map on the screen.

      Any suggestions on how to reload the map? I do have the map tile files in their folder.

      Thanks,
      Bruce
      KD6DRU
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
        Hit right arrow a bunch of times. Since you've already messed with the
        zoom, it sounds like you've got the map transparency turned up to 100%
        transparent which makes the maps completely disappear. Left increases
        transparency, right decreases transparency (increases opacity). Both
        work in 5% increments.

        On 3/2/2011 4:07 PM, buhler50hf wrote:
        > As a new user I loaded the program last night, connected via my home WIFI and it showed my location on the street map as one would expect. I really like it, but need help.
        >
        > This morning, I was using my netbook offline mobile in my car. As I drove to work about 1 1/2 mile from home, I could see my position changing on the map. I turned of the netbook when I arrived at my destination. When I turned it back on the map was gone, but I could see the latitude and longitude lines when I zoomed out all the way.
        >
        > I reconnected to the internet when I returned home, but still do not have the map on the screen.
        >
        > Any suggestions on how to reload the map? I do have the map tile files in their folder.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Bruce
        > KD6DRU
      • Henry Boudewijns
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
          I received this email and do not understand the meaning. My callsign is PA3EWG from the Netherlands and was seeking for aprisce.
          73 Henry PA3EWG

          2011/3/2 Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...>

          Hit right arrow a bunch of times. Since you've already messed with the
          zoom, it sounds like you've got the map transparency turned up to 100%
          transparent which makes the maps completely disappear. Left increases
          transparency, right decreases transparency (increases opacity). Both
          work in 5% increments.

          On 3/2/2011 4:07 PM, buhler50hf wrote:
          > As a new user I loaded the program last night, connected via my home WIFI and it showed my location on the street map as one would expect. I really like it, but need help.
          >
          > This morning, I was using my netbook offline mobile in my car. As I drove to work about 1 1/2 mile from home, I could see my position changing on the map. I turned of the netbook when I arrived at my destination. When I turned it back on the map was gone, but I could see the latitude and longitude lines when I zoomed out all the way.
          >
          > I reconnected to the internet when I returned home, but still do not have the map on the screen.
          >
          > Any suggestions on how to reload the map? I do have the map tile files in their folder.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Bruce
          > KD6DRU

        • buhler50hf
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
            Lynn, problem solved. Thanks for the quick lesson and for the great program.

            Bruce
            KD6DRU