Re: [aprsisce] WX Warnings to RF?

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2011
      On 2/28/2011 11:30 AM, n7nms wrote:
      > I have been trying to follow things but got behind on the posts. Do the WX Warnings that show up when you have the shape files configured also gate over to RF?.

      Not yet. The only thing that currently gates from -IS to RF is messages
      destined for recently heard local stations. The WX Warnings actually
      don't depend on shape files being configured, but simply NWS Offices
      being configured. Adding the Shapefile configuration allows APRSISCE/32
      to expand the warning messages to an actual shaped area object for the
      map display. Without shapefiles, you can still receive and display the
      NWS Alert messages and/or MultiLine objects.

      > Is there a way to do that? I live in rural Western MD and the APRS coverage is kinda sparse and it would be nice to see the WX Warnings go out over RF.

      Watch this space, working on configurable -IS to RF IGating is coming up
      fast on my ToDo list's priorities.

      > Looking at the format of the messages... it may be a little hard for mobile APRS users to understand?

      I'm not sure which message you're referring to? There's 2 APRS
      messages, sometimes 1 Multi-Line object, and APRSISCE/32-generated
      internal zone/shape objects. The latter I have no plans to support
      gating to RF. The former ones are designed for just that purpose and
      will probably support gating.

      I'm not in control of the message or object format. They come from
      other servers that are interpreting the actual NWS alert texts and date
      back from way before my APRS-awareness days.