NWS cleanup (Dev: 2011/02/28 09:13 & 10:10)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2011
      Thanks to some severe weather across the US last night and this morning
      that's triggering Pete's critical alerts to come out, I've been able to
      clean up a few things. Some background is in order to understand some
      of the changes. (Curt's non-critical NWS server still doesn't seem to
      be running).

      Note that Pete's NWS injector seems to understand the concept of Net
      Cycle Time. He seems to generate the messages and corresponding objects
      every 5 minutes, so don't be surprised to see lots of traffic when
      severe weather is happening. Curt's server, on the other hand, seems to
      only generate messages (no objects yet) whenever an new or updated alert
      is received from the NWS.

      When an NWS message alert is received containing known alert zones,
      APRSISCE/32 creates an internal object to expand those zones into the
      required shape. These internal objects use the source call (CWAPID)
      followed by a base 62 3 character sequence number, the first character
      of which is always lower case. This avoid collisions with Pete's
      Multi-Line objects which put the TTT in those three characters where the
      first character is the Day of issue from 0-31 which comes out as 0-9+A-T
      and never gets into the lower-case territory. These are the object
      names that you'd see on your map if you check Screen / Labels / NWS
      Calls, but they're actually not very useful IMHO.

      So, I fixed a bug that was causing my internal zone/shape/area object
      generator to pick up and modify Pete's MultiLine object that is much
      more specific as it uses coordinates actually published in the alert to
      describe a much more concise affected area. Pete's and my objects will
      no longer get in each other's way.

      In some rapid-fire-delivery scenarios, multiple NWS messages from a
      single alert (NWS-WARN and NWS_WARN for example) were causing TWO of my
      internal objects to be created. This is due to some internal queuing of
      the zone/shape/area objects that caused them to not yet exist when the
      second incoming message was processed, causing a new sequence to be
      assigned causing a duplication of that particular area. This doesn't
      happen any more provided that no more than 16 are buffered (the max I've
      seen hit my test instance is 4).

      I've also improved the NWS MultiTrack titles and labels to eliminate the
      data not designed for human consumption (like ML strings and sequences).

      I've used the same cleaned-up description in the Station Popup menu for
      NWS objects.

      The Station Information Popup Window is also cleaner from this
      perspective, but you CAN still see the raw MultiLine string from Pete's
      objects if you're intested.