Re: [aprsisce] Re: Igating my mobile station only

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2011
      The message won't be lost, but the ack might not get back. However,
      because each IGate determines -IS to RF on it's own with no "network"
      involvement, one receive-only IGate cannot and will not affect the
      decisions made by a bi-directional IGate with respect to transmitting
      anything from -IS back out to the RF station.

      It is exactly that lack of inter-IGate coordination that makes multiple
      transmitting IGates a possible problem because they'll both
      independently decide to gate the same message simultaneously, possible
      resulting in nothing actually copying the transmitted packet from either
      of them due to interference. On VHF, the FM "capture effect" helps a
      lot with that, unless the receiver happens to be in the
      near-same-signal-strength overlap region between the two IGates.

      I'll try to remember to add some filter-ability to both directions of
      IGating, similar to the existing "Me Not 3rd" support on IStoRF for