SSID Standards

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009
      I saw this go by on another APRS mailing list (UI-View) back on 8/8/2008:

      > Here are those common defaults:
      >
      > -0 Home Station, Home Station running IGate.
      > -1 Digipeater, Home Station running a Relay Digi, Wx Digipeater
      > -2 Digipeater [#2 or] on 70CM
      > -3 Digipeater [#3]
      > -4 HF to VHF Gateway
      > -5 IGate (Not home station)
      > -6 is for Operations via Satellite
      > -7 Kenwood D7 HH
      > -8 is for boats, sailboats and ships (maybe 802.11 in the future)
      > -9 is for Mobiles
      > -10 is for operation via The internet only
      > -11 is for APRStouch-tone users (and the occasional Balloons)
      > -12 Portable Units such as Laptops, Camp Sites etc.
      > -13 Un-asigned
      > -14 is for Truckers
      > -15 is for HF

      I've chosen -12 for my APRSISCE as it is definitely portable and may
      someday actually go via RF. -10 seems more for non-mobile Internet
      clients like WinLink and UI-View.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile

      PS. I'm posting this here so I can quit trying to remember where it was
      that I saw it before!