Honor NOGATE/RFONLY + More (Dev 2011/02/23 22:32)

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 23, 2011
      I've been tinkering around with a bunch of minor stuff this time. The
      biggest (I think) is the numbers in the main View menu. And they now
      show up in MultiTracks too!

      Some cleanup on the NWS and LOTS of memory usage diagnostics in the Port
      Status popup. The old stuff is still at the top, so you don't have to
      scroll down to see all of my stuff. This will eventually find a
      different home, hopefully before the general release!

      PS. From the Release Notes:

      Added numbers to the View menu elements to show how many stations will
      match that particular station. This does not apply to the View /
      Symbols cascade as those are more intensive to match and count.

      Support View / Objects as a filter criteria to see only owned objects
      and not real stations.

      Disable RFtoIS IGating packets that have NOGATE or RFONLY in their path,
      regardless of before or after used components.

      Fixed an oversight that would create multiple NWS objects for a single
      alert if received multiple times and interleaved with other alerts.
      (Adjacent duplications were working correctly).

      Slam any NWS-CANCL or NWS_CANCL expiration times to the current times so
      as to expire the objects immediately.

      Support "Signpost" objects/items (aprs101.pdf page 61 (71 in Acrobat)).
      See MARCVE for an example. Signposts are a symbol of \m and display
      the value between {} from the comment instead of the object ID as a
      label. (Pete AE5PL)

      Standardize View menu handling between Main windows and Trackers (but
      only main can do EchoLinks and GeoCaches). This should put the counters
      on the MultiTrack's View menu options. (Brian KC2KJQ)

      Flush all shape and shapefile caches if Configure / NWS Shapes / Enabled
      is unchecked. This frees up memory which is particularly precious on WinMo.

      APRS-IS OK's double-click popup (Port Status) now includes lots of
      internal information about memory allocations until I determine if
      there's a leak or not.

      IS-Server ports now display the active/maximum inbound connections.
      (Max is a hard-coded 16 until I find reason to change this)
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 23, 2011
        sneaky!  FCOL!

        --

        Steve,  kf6wax   aka DeerCam   http://kf6wax.camstreams.com/

      • Steve
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 23, 2011
          oh yes!

          Quit messing around with this APRS stuff dude!

          a guy in a shed in NC!

          <G>

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 23, 2011
            In case you all are wondering where that came from, Steve and I were in an APRS QSO about his DeerCam while I was doing my daughter's TurboTax filing and simultaneously putting the finishing touches on this release.  I neglected to mention the release to him before the e-mail caught him by surprise.

            At least, I THINK that's where this came from!

            On 2/23/2011 10:52 PM, Steve wrote: sneaky!  FCOL!

[...]

          • Robin Williams
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 25, 2011
              Hi Lynn,
              Is it possible to add an entry box to this so we may add more nogate calls
              etc.
              Cheers,
              Robin
              PS. Had no luck getting any info out of Tumonz about the logon string.

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 25, 2011
                Hi Lynn,
                Further to last.
                I have set up aprsis as a server and can connect to it with Tumonz but no
                data is sent to Tumonz.
                Log file below.

                WinMain:2011-02-26T00:56:02.296 Starting aprsisserver
                aprsisserver:2011-02-26T00:56:02.328 UDPListener Running on @127.0.0.1 or
                127.0.0.1:1448 (0 OpenCmds, 0 CloseCmds)
                aprsisserver:2011-02-26T00:56:02.343 Binding(127.0.0.1) or 127.0.0.1:1448
                aprsisserver:2011-02-26T00:56:02.343 Bound(127.0.0.1)=>127.0.0.1:1448
                aprsisserver:2011-02-26T00:57:41.046 TCP-Listener accepted connection 0/16
                from 127.0.0.1:2827
                WinMain:2011-02-26T00:59:20.359 Logging Enabled

                I presume this is because of no valid logon.
                Or have I messed up somewhere else in my port set up.
                Cheers,
                Robin ZL3REW

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 25, 2011
                  Tumonz needs to send in a logon AND a filter statement. Just like with
                  an APRS-IS server, no filter, no packets.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 25, 2011
                    Thanks.
                    It does not appear to do that.
                    Sounds like it won't work then.
                    Robin.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 25, 2011
                      Not yet anyway. I've got another trick up my sleeve coming that might
                      yet get you an APRS-IS local feed into Tumonz.