observations after a couple of weeks.

  • svkaereste
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25 5:49 AM
      Dear Lynn and any others lurking around,

      After using this program a few weeks and trying it off and on, AND getting my local digi owner to change his settings for complete 2way text messaging all I can say is WOW! This is really cool. No problems with the program once I got used to what the buttons all do and set a hot button (the camera) on my HTC Touch (SPRINT). Once the local digi owner changed settings for phone->a field radio I realized the full potential of text messaging on APRS. I tried texting a friend last night and it "just knocked his socks off". We moved to a voice channel and chatted quite a while about phone->radio and back messaging.

      Thanks again,

      John
      K2QY
    • svkaereste
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 25 5:52 AM
        OH, and I forgot. It was neat to see my phone icon show up on the AVMap G5 and mover around with me ;-)

        I'm sure there are some hams out there now wondering what a phone is doing moving around on their UIView or Xaster screens :-O

        73
        John
        K2QY