Re: [aprsisce] NWS Improvements (Dev 2011/02/01 20:23)

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
      So now that it is fixed what is on? The icon showing or not showing?

      Tom

      "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >but
      >won't even trigger the messages or area objects to even show up,
      >unless,
      >of course, you're Eavesdropping the world in which case the messages
      >will still get picked up.
      >
      >And if a single alert contains multiple areas, they're now combined
      >into
      >a single object and (optionally) a single MultiTrack popup. This, in
      >conjunction with Configure / NWS / Popup MultiTrack / If New and Only
      >Areas can dramatically reduce the number of MultiTracks being consumed.
      >
      >Oh, and if you check Configure / NWS / Popup MultiTrack / Close on
      >Expire, then the MultiTrack will close itself when the alert expires.
      >If you pan the window a bit, then the auto-close is disabled, but the
      >object will still go to a gray indicating Killed on expiration.
      >
      >And finally, there's a Finger option on the NWS Object's popup menu for
      >
      >those injected by AE5PL-WX (USA objects). This attempts to bring up
      >the
      >full text of the alert.
      >
      >I'd like to let this cook for a while, then release it to the general
      >population if you all don't find any issues with it!
      >
      >BTW, there's active weather in the US set to expire at 01:45z. If you
      >upgrade quick, you might get to see it!
      >
      >Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
      >
      > From the release notes:
      >
      >Configure / NWS / Popup MultiTrack / Close On Expire if selected will
      >auto-close a MultiTrack window if the contained object is NONE
      >displayed, centered, and an expired NWS object.
      >
      >If multiple areas are specified in a single NWS message, they are now
      >coalesced into a single object. This works well for US objects, but
      >the
      >AUS alerts are coming from different offices, so they still don't get
      >much smaller.
      >
      >Configure / NWS / NWS Entry Servers will now let you disable NWS
      >recognition by entry server. It knows about AE5PL-WX (USA) and
      >WXSVR-AU
      >(Australia) as defaults but will learn others if anyone else begins
      >injecting NWS objects.
      >
      >Fixed the Configure / NWS / Notify Products so that they actually show
      >whether they are disabled or not. It was working before, just not
      >making the symbol disappear.
      >
      >Corrected behavior if a shapefile cannot be opened. APRSISCE/32 should
      >
      >no longer exit in this situation.
      >
      >Shape/DBF files are now probed and will be disabled if they are not
      >both
      >accessible and seem to be what their name implies.
      >
      >Weather objects that came from an NWS Entry Server that has a
      >configured
      >finger server (AE5PL-WX only right now) will offer a "Finger" option on
      >
      >the popup menu. Selecting this will attempt to retrieve and display
      >the
      >full text of the NWS alert. This option is disabled if Enables /

      Sent from my Android phone. Please excuse my brevity.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
        Symbol showing is enabled. I just replace the checkmark with the
        station symbol. If it is blank, it is "disabled" and won't trigger any
        of the notifications, but the area(s) will still expand. Unlike the
        Entry Servers which even prevent the area expansion and/or message queuing.