Shapes / ShowMe! (Dev 2011/02/01 00:44)

    Message 1 of 50 , Jan 31, 2011
      Ok, so I went and did it. Here's another Development release with lots
      of NWS and Shapefile stuff to play with. You can read the details
      below, but personally I think the Configure / NWS Shapes / ShowMe is the
      coolest one. If you have shapefiles loaded, then center the main map
      somewhere and hit that menu option. Not only will one or more
      MultiTrack windows open for each shape that might involve the screen
      center point, but they'll also auto-zoom to show the entire shape! And
      the shapes come with nice bold borders now too.

      Don't be surprise, however, to see the shapes go pale gray in a short
      time. That's when my internally-generated object hits its expiration
      time and goes to a Killed status. If it's not still centered somewhere,
      the entire object will disappear. But it will remain in gray in the
      popup that had it until you either close that MultiTrack or start
      following some other station.

      This same auto-zoom feature is now the default behavior for Configure /
      NWS / Popup MultiTrack windows as well. And you can now choose what
      pops up based on Always, Only New and suppress any that don't include a
      defined area (shape or multiline). You can also now suppress
      notifications (message or MultiTrack) at the NWS Product level in
      Configure / NWS / Notify Products. In that menu you also get a sneak
      peek at the symbol used for the product as well as the "line code" which
      currently sets the color and line style as described at
      http://www.aprs-is.net/WX/MultilineProtocol.aspx.

      Don't panic if the filled areas disappear when you pan the map. This is
      by design and brings panning performance back to where I'm comfortable
      with it. As soon as you stop panning (release the mouse button), the
      shapes will reappear.

      There's some other stuff below, some of which is protecting the program
      from people that down-grade (go back to earlier versions) which can
      introduce issues due to automatic XML format upgrades. This release
      does LOTS of that, but it now also automatically saves the previous
      version .XML file similar to how the About updater saves the previous .EXE.

      Let me know if you find any bugs in this pretty quickly as I'd like to
      get it committed and out to the General Release because of the filter
      bug that is fixed within it. Besides, the Release Notes is already
      quite substantial in such a short time.

      Define APDUxx as U2APRS for Android
      (http://aobajoke.no-ip.org/~ja7ude/japanese/u2aprs10/indexe.html)

      Mark NWS objects Killed rather than simply purging them away on expiration.

      Correct bust that allowed followed killed objects to disappear rather
      substantially fade until they're no longer needed.

      Shaped areas that are killed but centered in a MultiTrack will turn
      light gray until they're not centered anymore. If you look at the
      station info popup, it will say "KILLED OBJECT".

      NWS shapes are now included in Station popup menu

      Corrected black on black station in scrolling station logs when NWS
      alerts are processed. (Recursion is such an ugly word, especially when
      it's unexpected)

      If too many MultiTracks are open when an NWS alert is received and
      Configure / NWS / Popup MultiTrack is checked, it just quietly ignores
      the problem. It used to complain for every one generating LOTS of
      message boxes overnight.

      When manually panning a window, remove the multiline objects to
      (dramatically) improve pan responsiveness. Area fills will re-appear
      when the pan operation is complete (ie. when you release the mouse button).

      Fixed Configure / Ports / APRS-IS to actually use the Enable, QuietTime,
      Callsign and Comment (even though the latter two are non-changeable)

      Change station info popup relative distance/bearing to FromCtr and
      FromME instead of opposite (Julian G4ILO)

      Add outline to the shapes so that I can see if some of them are actually
      TOO transparent. Please let me know the object ID if you see one like
      that, particularly Australia's Flood areas.

      Configure / NWS Shapes / ShowMe will popup individual shapes that
      include, or are near, the screen center of the main window when the menu
      option is selected.

      Replace Track(ObjectID) with the description of the shape for test
      shapes and better describe shape-expanded NWS objects.

      Title of windows "following" an NWS object (like the tests and
      auto-popups from Configure / NWS / Popup MultiTrack) are more informative.

      Configure / NWS Shapes now supports unchecking individual files. I need
      to add a prompt to ask if you're only disabling or would like to remove
      the file from the list.

      Whenever a version change is detected, the pre-upgraded XML files is
      saved as .XML.yyyymmddhhmm where yyyymmddhhmm is the previous version
      string that should match a saved .EXE.yyyymmddhhmm.

      If the program detects a version downgrade, it will warn you that some
      settings may be lost. This is due to the non-downgrade-compatible XML
      configuration upgrades that may have occurred. Proceed at your own risk.

      Corrected bust in shape optimizer that was causing not all of the
      "rings" to draw. This was particularly evident in QLC111. You should
      see lots more detail in AUS shapes now.

      Don't pop up an already-expired NWS object. WXSVR-AU does LOTS of these
      for some reason. I'm not sure how long they keep transmitting the
      NWS-CANCLs.

      Force a filter of m/0 if no other filter is required (Julian G4ILO)
      (Adam KB8VOM)

      Configure / NWS / Popup MultiTrack now has Always and New options.
      "Always" will create or focus MultiTracks for NWS objects. "New" will
      only do this for a newly created object.

      Support suppressing NWS Popups unless they describe an Area (multiline
      or shapefile). This avoids consuming a bunch of redundant MultiTracks
      for single point objects.

      New (possibly temporary) Packets(Internal) trace log as well as INT (vs
      RF or IS) flagging in both the Transmit and Packets logs. This will
      make identification of internally-generated packets a bit easier, in
      case I ever need to know such a distinction.

      Transmit when "T" is pressed on the keyboard (assuming the main map
      window is focused, otherwise Windows won't tell me you even hit a key).
      (Alan N6VUD)

      New Configure / NWS / Notify Products to individually disable the
      various known NWS Products (http://www.aprs-is.net/WX/ProdCodes.aspx and
      http://wxsvr.aprs.net.au/products.php) from triggering message
      notifications and MultiTrack popups. Eventually you'll be able to
      configure more stuff on each Product than just the enable like color,
      line style, symbol, -IS to RF IGate...
    • Mike (WM4B)
      Message 50 of 50 , Feb 1, 2011
        I think I already asked them all, Jeff!