Filter problem

  • g4ilo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2011
      My HF instance of APRSIS32 keeps crashing. I have examined the log and the lines:

      APRS-IS:WinMain:2011-01-31T08:55:56.327 APRS-IS SubStatus 84.92.198.21:14580
      Filter:WinMain:2011-01-31T08:55:56.327 Filter Error:Piece(ÍÍ...

      with the accented I character repeated over several lines does not seem right to me.

      I tried setting a filter, then setting it to blank again, and on setting it to blank the chat window with SERVER displayed:

      08:58:20< filterÍÍ.. (several lines again)

      So it seems to me there is an issue with having no filter set which goes back at least to the 17th January dev version. Whether or not this is the cause of the crashing I don't know as that only started with the 27 January version.

      Julian, G4ILO
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2011
        Julian/Adam, (and anyone else seeing this crash issue)

        Can you please e-mail your APRSIS32.XML file to KJ4ERJ@.... Throw
        in any APRSIS32*.LOG files if you feel like it. If Julian is right,
        this may be the culprit but I'd like to compare your two configuration
        as well as fire up a copy here to see if the issue duplicates. (Julian,
        I probably have your files but haven't connected the dots, sorry if this
        request is redundant).

        The trace log and SERVER messages are definitely not right, but I'm not
        sure how they could cause spontaneous crashes unless the APRS-IS Quiet
        Time is expiring sometimes due to server or Internet issues. Then it
        would access the filter on the re-connect and possibly behave badly.