Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Testing ShapeFiles

Expand Messages
  • n1naz
    Ok maybe, I moved aprsis32 over to another box and that one did have an older version for a very sort time, until I updated it to latest Dev. But you would
    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 30, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      Ok maybe, I moved aprsis32 over to another box and that one did have an older version for a very sort time, until I updated it to latest Dev. But you would have thought when I moved the folder over, from old box to new, the latest dev. release should have gone over with it. (and yes I did click on yes/replace in the duplicate file requester)

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "g4ilo" <julian.g4ilo@...> wrote:
      >
      > Did you revert to an earlier version during testing? That message is usually put there by a version that doesn't understand the XML tags.
      >
      > Julian, G4ILO
      >
      > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "n1naz" <n1naz-1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > In the coarse of trouble shooting a port problem I'm having, I came across this at the very bottom of my aprsis32.xml file. This was also found in the aprsis32-safe.xml file.
      > > Latest dev. release. Let me know of any other info needed. Did i mess up or is this a real problem. I don't know when this may have happened as it's been a while since I looked this far down into the .xml file.
      > >
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MultiTrack.width>720</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MultiTrack.width>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MultiTrack.height>290</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MultiTrack.height>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MultiTrack.Orientation>2</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MultiTrack.Orientation>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MultiTrack.Percent>50</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MultiTrack.Percent>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MultiTrack.Zoom>23</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MultiTrack.Zoom>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MultiTrack.Scale>0.0156</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MultiTrack.Scale>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.WindowPlacement.x>207</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.WindowPlacement.x>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.WindowPlacement.y>207</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.WindowPlacement.y>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.WindowPlacement.width>960</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.WindowPlacement.width>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.WindowPlacement.height>727</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.WindowPlacement.height>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.ConfirmOnClose>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.ConfirmOnClose>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Metric.Altitude>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Metric.Altitude>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Metric.Distance>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Metric.Distance>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Metric.Pressure>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Metric.Pressure>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Metric.Rainfall>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Metric.Rainfall>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Metric.Temperature>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Metric.Temperature>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Metric.Windspeed>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Metric.Windspeed>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.VisibleLabelsMax>50</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.VisibleLabelsMax>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Altitude>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Altitude>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Ambiguity>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Ambiguity>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Callsign>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Callsign>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Callsign.NotMe>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Callsign.NotMe>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Callsign.NotMine>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Callsign.NotMine>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.GeoCache.ID>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.GeoCache.ID>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.GeoCache.Type>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.GeoCache.Type>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.GeoCache.Container>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.GeoCache.Container>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.GeoCache.DiffTerrain>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.GeoCache.DiffTerrain>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Speed.Beaconed>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Speed.Beaconed>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Speed.Calculated>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Speed.Calculated>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Speed.Averaged>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Speed.Averaged>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Speed.All>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Speed.All>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.NWS.Labels>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.NWS.Labels>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Weather>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Weather>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.ZoomReverse>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.ZoomReverse>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.ZoomMin>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.ZoomMin>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.ZoomMax>23</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.ZoomMax>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.WheelDelta>4</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.WheelDelta>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.ScrollInternals>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.ScrollInternals>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.DateSeconds>2367</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.DateSeconds>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.DateTime>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.DateTime>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.Altitude>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.Altitude>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.Battery>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.Battery>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.GridSquare>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.GridSquare>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.LatLon>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.LatLon>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.Satellites>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.Satellites>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.Reckoning>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.Reckoning>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.Tracks>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.Tracks>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.Circle>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.Circle>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.RedDot>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.RedDot>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.CrossHairs>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.CrossHairs>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.CrossHairTime>1000</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Screen.CrossHairTime>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Custom.Primary></NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Custom.Primary>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Custom.Alternate></NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Custom.Alternate>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Flight.Primary>'O^</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Flight.Primary>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Flight.Alternate>^</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Flight.Alternate>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Mobile.Primary>!'<=>()*0CFOPRSUXY[\^abefgjkpsuv</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Mobile.Primary>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Mobile.Alternate>>KOS^ksuv</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Mobile.Alternate>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Weather.Primary>_W</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Weather.Primary>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Weather.Alternate>([*:<@BDEFGHIJTUW_efgptwy{</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.View.Weather.Alternate>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Center.Latitude>42.846344</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Center.Latitude>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Center.Longitude>-71.427577</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Center.Longitude>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Preferred.Latitude>0.000000</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Preferred.Latitude>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Preferred.Longitude>0.000000</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Preferred.Longitude>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Preferred.Zoom>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Preferred.Zoom>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Preferred.Scale>8.0000</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Preferred.Scale>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Preferred.Orientation>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Preferred.Orientation>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Tracking.Call>N1NAZ</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Tracking.Call>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Tracking.Center>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Tracking.Center>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Tracking.Locked>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Tracking.Locked>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSISPort>@...:14580</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSISPort>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSIS.XmitEnabled>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSIS.XmitEnabled>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSIS.RFtoISEnabled>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSIS.RFtoISEnabled>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSIS.IStoRFEnabled>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSIS.IStoRFEnabled>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSIS.BeaconingEnabled>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSIS.BeaconingEnabled>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSIS.MessagesEnabled>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSIS.MessagesEnabled>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSIS.BulletinObjectEnabled>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSIS.BulletinObjectEnabled>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSIS.TelemetryEnabled>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.APRSIS.TelemetryEnabled>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.GPSPort></NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.GPSPort>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.Protocol>KISS</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.Protocol>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.Device>COM6:9600,N,8,1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.Device>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.RfBaud>1200</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.RfBaud>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.OpenCmd>RESET!!0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.OpenCmd>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.CloseCmd>^C^C^C~!!0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.CloseCmd>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.QuietTime>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.QuietTime>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.Enabled>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.Enabled>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.XmitEnabled>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.XmitEnabled>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.RFtoISEnabled>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.RFtoISEnabled>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.IStoRFEnabled>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.IStoRFEnabled>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.MyCallNot3rd>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.MyCallNot3rd>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.BeaconingEnabled>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.BeaconingEnabled>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.BeaconPath></NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.BeaconPath>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.BulletinObjectEnabled>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.BulletinObjectEnabled>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.MessagesEnabled>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.MessagesEnabled>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.MessagePath></NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.MessagePath>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.TelemetryEnabled>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.TelemetryEnabled>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.TelemetryPath></NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.RFPort.TelemetryPath>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.DigiXform>WIDE2-2=WIDE2-1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.DigiXform>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.Comment>n1nz</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.Comment>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.Interval>8</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.Interval>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.KeepAlive>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.KeepAlive>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.ViaCQSRVR>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.ViaCQSRVR>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.QuietMonitor>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.QuietMonitor>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.ISOnly>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.ISOnly>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.IfPresent>0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.IfPresent>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.LastTransmit>2011-01-27T17:52:59</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.CQGroup.LastTransmit>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Telemetry.Version>2</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Telemetry.Version>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Telemetry.Defined>2011-01-27T19:39:29</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Telemetry.Defined>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Telemetry.DefHours>24</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Telemetry.DefHours>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Telemetry.Interval>15</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Telemetry.Interval>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Telemetry.MinTime>15</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Telemetry.MinTime>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Telemetry.Index>371</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Telemetry.Index>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Update.AutoCheck>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Update.AutoCheck>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Update.Development>1</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Update.Development>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Update.CheckInterval>2</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Update.CheckInterval>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Update.LastCheck>2011-01-26T22:50:14</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Update.LastCheck>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Update.LastSeen>2011/01/26 17:05</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Update.LastSeen>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Update.ReminderInterval>7</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Update.ReminderInterval>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Update.LastReminder>2011-01-26T22:50:14</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.Update.LastReminder>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MessageCall>N1IVY-10</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MessageCall>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.TelemetryDefinition>2011-01-16T06:33:15,:WEXM :EQNS.0,0.005:0,R,l.Oj5,3,0</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.TelemetryDefinition>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.TraceLogAlways>Transmit</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.TraceLogAlways>
      > > <!-- USUPPORTED XML Tag Follows-->
      > > <NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MaxWidthStationID>MSOFFWKYA</NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.NWS.ShapeFile.MaxWidthStationID>
      > >
      > > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Ok, so now the cat is out of the proverbial bag, so what can I actually
      > > > do with ShapeFiles and what should I see?
      > > >
      > > > First, you need to follow the instructions at WA8LMF's excellent page at
      > > > http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/get_nws_shapefiles.htm. He has links to the
      > > > pages with the .ZIP files for the US NWS ShapeFiles, but you'll also
      > > > probably want the Australian ones from
      > > > http://wxsvr.aprs.net.au/shapefiles.html. Download the .ZIP fies and
      > > > unzip them all into a single new directory where ever you want to put it.
      > > >
      > > > Once that is done, you need to tell APRSISCE/32 which file(s) you want
      > > > it to use. Be careful with the US NWS ones as they've got pending
      > > > revisions on two of them that aren't actually valid yet. Pick the ones
      > > > whose date has past, not the ones whose date is in the future.
      > > >
      > > > Use Configure / Shapefiles / Add File and pick each of the .SHP files
      > > > that came out of the .ZIPs. The corresponding, same-named .DBF file
      > > > needs to be in the same directory for this all to work. I know, maybe I
      > > > should make it loop on adding files until you press cancel the file
      > > > selection dialog....Thoughts and input welcome.
      > > >
      > > > After that, you wait....and wait...and wait...for bad weather to
      > > > happen. Or just Configure / NWS / New Office... and add * to get
      > > > weather for the whole world (ok, at least as much of the world as is
      > > > pushing weather alerts into APRS-IS). Within 15-30 minutes you should
      > > > have stuff popping up in Australia. They've consistently had alerts
      > > > running for me.
      > > >
      > > > If you want to see useless "callsigns", check Screen / Labels / NWS
      > > > Calls. These labels are a concatenation of the 3 character Seq and the
      > > > 6 character county/zone of any given alert. Quite useless if you ask
      > > > me, which is why they're suppressed by default.
      > > >
      > > > Ok, with that all done, you should be able to pan and zoom around and
      > > > see just how closely the shapefile boundaries match the underlying OSM
      > > > map tiles. Freaky if you ask me!
      > > >
      > > > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
      > > >
      > >
      >
    • KE6BB
      ... I don t get that option. No Shape Files Log. No wonder I couldn t find it. Not sure what is wrong. It seems to find the shape files OK, but doesn t do
      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 30, 2011
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "larry" <wt9m@...> wrote:
        >
        > Mark,
        > Look under Enables/View Logs/ Shape Files
        >

        I don't get that option. No Shape Files Log. No wonder I couldn't find it. Not sure what is wrong. It seems to find the shape files OK, but doesn't do anything. Here is all of the NWS stuff (that is a technical term) in the xml file:

        <NWS.Messages>0</NWS.Messages>
        <NWS.Notify>1</NWS.Notify>
        <NWS.MultiTrack>0</NWS.MultiTrack>
        <NWS.Office>*</NWS.Office>
        <NWS.Opacity>10</NWS.Opacity>
        <NWS.ShapesEnabled>1</NWS.ShapesEnabled>
        <NWS.ShapeFile>C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amateur Radio\APRS\ShapeFiles\c_15jl09.shp</NWS.ShapeFile>
        <NWS.ShapeFile>C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amateur Radio\APRS\ShapeFiles\c_aus20no08.shp</NWS.ShapeFile>
        <NWS.ShapeFile>C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amateur Radio\APRS\ShapeFiles\mz01jn10.shp</NWS.ShapeFile>
        <NWS.ShapeFile>C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amateur Radio\APRS\ShapeFiles\mz_aus28no08.shp</NWS.ShapeFile>
        <NWS.ShapeFile>C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amateur Radio\APRS\ShapeFiles\z_01de10.shp</NWS.ShapeFile>
        <NWS.ShapeFile>C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amateur Radio\APRS\ShapeFiles\z_aus28no08.shp</NWS.ShapeFile>

        It does see my shape files in the configuration menu, but no shape files log seems to exist. Log files APRSIS3200 thru APRSIS3209 are written to the program directory. This afternoon, I will try deleting everything in my shapefile folder, all the NWS stuff (I love technical talk!) in the xml file, and start over.

        Since I am the only one who can't seem to get shape files to work, it is probably isn't a problem with APRSIS32; however, if I can mess things up, someone else can probably do it, too.

        Mark
        KE6BB


        >
        > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "KE6BB" <rv6amark@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Which log is this taken from? I am not seeing any shape files, Aus or US, although I do see the Aus fire and flood warning objects almost all the time. I have looked through the log files but have not seen shape activity listed, either "Failed" or "Found", but I may have missed it.
        >
      • Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
        Check under Enables / View Logs / ShapeFile. Once that window opens, click Enable on the menu bar. If it s not an option, that s because nothing has tried to
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 30, 2011
        • 0 Attachment
          Check under Enables / View Logs / ShapeFile. Once that window opens,
          click Enable on the menu bar. If it's not an option, that's because
          nothing has tried to access a shapefile in the current runtime session.

          Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

          KE6BB wrote:
          > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "larry" <wt9m@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Mark,
          >> Look under Enables/View Logs/ Shape Files
          >>
          >>
          >
          > I don't get that option. No Shape Files Log. No wonder I couldn't find it. Not sure what is wrong. It seems to find the shape files OK, but doesn't do anything. Here is all of the NWS stuff (that is a technical term) in the xml file:
          >
          > <NWS.Messages>0</NWS.Messages>
          > <NWS.Notify>1</NWS.Notify>
          > <NWS.MultiTrack>0</NWS.MultiTrack>
          > <NWS.Office>*</NWS.Office>
          > <NWS.Opacity>10</NWS.Opacity>
          > <NWS.ShapesEnabled>1</NWS.ShapesEnabled>
          > <NWS.ShapeFile>C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amateur Radio\APRS\ShapeFiles\c_15jl09.shp</NWS.ShapeFile>
          > <NWS.ShapeFile>C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amateur Radio\APRS\ShapeFiles\c_aus20no08.shp</NWS.ShapeFile>
          > <NWS.ShapeFile>C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amateur Radio\APRS\ShapeFiles\mz01jn10.shp</NWS.ShapeFile>
          > <NWS.ShapeFile>C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amateur Radio\APRS\ShapeFiles\mz_aus28no08.shp</NWS.ShapeFile>
          > <NWS.ShapeFile>C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amateur Radio\APRS\ShapeFiles\z_01de10.shp</NWS.ShapeFile>
          > <NWS.ShapeFile>C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amateur Radio\APRS\ShapeFiles\z_aus28no08.shp</NWS.ShapeFile>
          >
          > It does see my shape files in the configuration menu, but no shape files log seems to exist. Log files APRSIS3200 thru APRSIS3209 are written to the program directory. This afternoon, I will try deleting everything in my shapefile folder, all the NWS stuff (I love technical talk!) in the xml file, and start over.
          >
          > Since I am the only one who can't seem to get shape files to work, it is probably isn't a problem with APRSIS32; however, if I can mess things up, someone else can probably do it, too.
          >
          > Mark
          > KE6BB
          >
          >
          >
          >> --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "KE6BB" <rv6amark@> wrote:
          >>
          >>> Which log is this taken from? I am not seeing any shape files, Aus or US, although I do see the Aus fire and flood warning objects almost all the time. I have looked through the log files but have not seen shape activity listed, either "Failed" or "Found", but I may have missed it.
          >>>
          >
          >
          >
          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
        • KE6BB
          SUCCESS: On the Win 7 machine (KE6BB-8), I deleted the NWS entries in the xml file, deleted all of the shape files in my shapes folder, and then re-unzipped
          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 30, 2011
          • 0 Attachment
            SUCCESS:

            On the Win 7 machine (KE6BB-8), I deleted the NWS entries in the xml file, deleted all of the shape files in my shapes folder, and then re-unzipped the shape files again. When I restarted APRSIS32, I pointed it to the new shape files. All is fine now. It looks like Australia is getting stained with brown stains!

            Not sure what happened the first time. I still have the same problem on the XP machine upstairs (KE6BB) since I copied the unzipped files from the Win 7 machine to the XP machine. I will check the files out before I redo that machine to see if that appears to be the problem.

            Sorry about the false alarm. That nut on the mouse just gets looser and looser every day!

            Mark
            KE6BB

            --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "KE6BB" <rv6amark@...> wrote:
            >
            > Which log is this taken from? I am not seeing any shape files, Aus or US, although I do see the Aus fire and flood warning objects almost all the time. I have looked through the log files but have not seen shape activity listed, either "Failed" or "Found", but I may have missed it.
            >
          • vk2asy
            I have latest development version, I can t see Shape files as an option in enables/View Logs! I am still trying to wrap my brain around what I see, and would
            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 31, 2011
            • 0 Attachment
              I have latest development version, I can't see Shape files as an option in enables/View Logs!

              I am still trying to wrap my brain around what I see, and would love log file!

              I will keep an eye out if I am looking in the wrong place..

              Kim
              --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "larry" <wt9m@...> wrote:
              >
              > Mark,
              > Look under Enables/View Logs/ Shape Files
              >
              > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "KE6BB" <rv6amark@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Which log is this taken from? I am not seeing any shape files, Aus or US, although I do see the Aus fire and flood warning objects almost all the time. I have looked through the log files but have not seen shape activity listed, either "Failed" or "Found", but I may have missed it.
              > >
              > > I attempted to follow Lynn's directions for setting up shape files very carefully. In the NWS Shapes menu, they are Enabled, Opacity is 100%, and I have 6 .shp files checked (3 US and 3 Aus). In the folder where the shape files are located, I have a .dbf file corresponding to each of the .shp files. There are also .shx and .prj files in that folder, each appearing to correspond to a .shp file.
              > >
              > > This holds for both my Win7 and XP computers...probably the same "loose nut on the mouse" on both computers!
              > >
              > > Mark
              > > KE6BB
              > >
              > > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "larry" <wt9m@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Does this log indicate something that tells why I don't see NWS areas?
              > > > WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:11.166 Failed To Make Object(QLC033)
              > > > WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:11.677 Failed To Make Object(QLZ509)
              > > > WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:12.218 Failed To Make Object(WXC157)
              > > > WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:12.518 Failed To Make Object(WXZ020)
              > > > WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:13.169 Failed To Make Object(WXC103)
              > > > WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:13.880 Failed To Make Object(WXC040)
              > > > WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:14.911 Failed To Make Object(WXC110)
              > > > WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:15.933 Failed To Make Object(WXC183)
              > > > WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:15.983 Failed To Make Object(WXC184)
              > > >
              > > > Larry WT9M
              > > >
              > > > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "larry" <wt9m@> wrote:
              > > > >
              > > > > I updated the shape files in my UI-View folder and then set the APRSIS32 to see the .shp files from that folder. But I am not seeing any NWS areas in the USA on the map.
              > > > >
              > > > > My settings for the filter are m/450 t/nm -P/CW and the server settings are rotate.aprs2.net 14580 and using newest development version of APRSIS32
              > > > >
              > > > > Any suggestions ?
              > > > >
              > > > > Larry WT9M
              > > > >
              > > > >
              > > > >
              > > > > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@> wrote:
              > > > > >
              > > > > > Ok, so now the cat is out of the proverbial bag, so what can I actually
              > > > > > do with ShapeFiles and what should I see?
              > > > > >
              > > > > > First, you need to follow the instructions at WA8LMF's excellent page at
              > > > > > http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/get_nws_shapefiles.htm. He has links to the
              > > > > > pages with the .ZIP files for the US NWS ShapeFiles, but you'll also
              > > > > > probably want the Australian ones from
              > > > > > http://wxsvr.aprs.net.au/shapefiles.html. Download the .ZIP fies and
              > > > > > unzip them all into a single new directory where ever you want to put it.
              > > > > >
              > > > > > Once that is done, you need to tell APRSISCE/32 which file(s) you want
              > > > > > it to use. Be careful with the US NWS ones as they've got pending
              > > > > > revisions on two of them that aren't actually valid yet. Pick the ones
              > > > > > whose date has past, not the ones whose date is in the future.
              > > > > >
              > > > > > Use Configure / Shapefiles / Add File and pick each of the .SHP files
              > > > > > that came out of the .ZIPs. The corresponding, same-named .DBF file
              > > > > > needs to be in the same directory for this all to work. I know, maybe I
              > > > > > should make it loop on adding files until you press cancel the file
              > > > > > selection dialog....Thoughts and input welcome.
              > > > > >
              > > > > > After that, you wait....and wait...and wait...for bad weather to
              > > > > > happen. Or just Configure / NWS / New Office... and add * to get
              > > > > > weather for the whole world (ok, at least as much of the world as is
              > > > > > pushing weather alerts into APRS-IS). Within 15-30 minutes you should
              > > > > > have stuff popping up in Australia. They've consistently had alerts
              > > > > > running for me.
              > > > > >
              > > > > > If you want to see useless "callsigns", check Screen / Labels / NWS
              > > > > > Calls. These labels are a concatenation of the 3 character Seq and the
              > > > > > 6 character county/zone of any given alert. Quite useless if you ask
              > > > > > me, which is why they're suppressed by default.
              > > > > >
              > > > > > Ok, with that all done, you should be able to pan and zoom around and
              > > > > > see just how closely the shapefile boundaries match the underlying OSM
              > > > > > map tiles. Freaky if you ask me!
              > > > > >
              > > > > > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
              > > > > >
              > > > >
              > > >
              > >
              >
            • Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
              If there s no ShapeFile under Enables / View Logs then you have not yet received any activity that triggered any shapefile access. The development version
              Message 6 of 29 , Jan 31, 2011
              • 0 Attachment
                If there's no ShapeFile under Enables / View Logs then you have not yet
                received any activity that triggered any shapefile access. The
                development version that I'm hoping to get out today or tomorrow has
                some features that will allow you to test your shapefile access without
                waiting for weather alerts to come in over APRS.

                Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

                PS. Trace logs are brought into existence the first time any attempt is
                made by the program to log to that name. So, no logs, no name. No
                name, no entry in the various menus.


                vk2asy wrote:
                > I have latest development version, I can't see Shape files as an option in enables/View Logs!
                >
                > I am still trying to wrap my brain around what I see, and would love log file!
                >
                > I will keep an eye out if I am looking in the wrong place..
                >
                > Kim
                > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "larry" <wt9m@...> wrote:
                >
                >> Mark,
                >> Look under Enables/View Logs/ Shape Files
                >>
                >> --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "KE6BB" <rv6amark@> wrote:
                >>
                >>> Which log is this taken from? I am not seeing any shape files, Aus or US, although I do see the Aus fire and flood warning objects almost all the time. I have looked through the log files but have not seen shape activity listed, either "Failed" or "Found", but I may have missed it.
                >>>
                >>> I attempted to follow Lynn's directions for setting up shape files very carefully. In the NWS Shapes menu, they are Enabled, Opacity is 100%, and I have 6 .shp files checked (3 US and 3 Aus). In the folder where the shape files are located, I have a .dbf file corresponding to each of the .shp files. There are also .shx and .prj files in that folder, each appearing to correspond to a .shp file.
                >>>
                >>> This holds for both my Win7 and XP computers...probably the same "loose nut on the mouse" on both computers!
                >>>
                >>> Mark
                >>> KE6BB
                >>>
                >>> --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "larry" <wt9m@> wrote:
                >>>
                >>>> Does this log indicate something that tells why I don't see NWS areas?
                >>>> WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:11.166 Failed To Make Object(QLC033)
                >>>> WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:11.677 Failed To Make Object(QLZ509)
                >>>> WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:12.218 Failed To Make Object(WXC157)
                >>>> WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:12.518 Failed To Make Object(WXZ020)
                >>>> WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:13.169 Failed To Make Object(WXC103)
                >>>> WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:13.880 Failed To Make Object(WXC040)
                >>>> WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:14.911 Failed To Make Object(WXC110)
                >>>> WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:15.933 Failed To Make Object(WXC183)
                >>>> WinMain:2011-01-28T22:00:15.983 Failed To Make Object(WXC184)
                >>>>
                >>>> Larry WT9M
                >>>>
                >>>> --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "larry" <wt9m@> wrote:
                >>>>
                >>>>> I updated the shape files in my UI-View folder and then set the APRSIS32 to see the .shp files from that folder. But I am not seeing any NWS areas in the USA on the map.
                >>>>>
                >>>>> My settings for the filter are m/450 t/nm -P/CW and the server settings are rotate.aprs2.net 14580 and using newest development version of APRSIS32
                >>>>>
                >>>>> Any suggestions ?
                >>>>>
                >>>>> Larry WT9M
                >>>>>
                >>>>>
                >>>>>
                >>>>> --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@> wrote:
                >>>>>
                >>>>>> Ok, so now the cat is out of the proverbial bag, so what can I actually
                >>>>>> do with ShapeFiles and what should I see?
                >>>>>>
                >>>>>> First, you need to follow the instructions at WA8LMF's excellent page at
                >>>>>> http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/get_nws_shapefiles.htm. He has links to the
                >>>>>> pages with the .ZIP files for the US NWS ShapeFiles, but you'll also
                >>>>>> probably want the Australian ones from
                >>>>>> http://wxsvr.aprs.net.au/shapefiles.html. Download the .ZIP fies and
                >>>>>> unzip them all into a single new directory where ever you want to put it.
                >>>>>>
                >>>>>> Once that is done, you need to tell APRSISCE/32 which file(s) you want
                >>>>>> it to use. Be careful with the US NWS ones as they've got pending
                >>>>>> revisions on two of them that aren't actually valid yet. Pick the ones
                >>>>>> whose date has past, not the ones whose date is in the future.
                >>>>>>
                >>>>>> Use Configure / Shapefiles / Add File and pick each of the .SHP files
                >>>>>> that came out of the .ZIPs. The corresponding, same-named .DBF file
                >>>>>> needs to be in the same directory for this all to work. I know, maybe I
                >>>>>> should make it loop on adding files until you press cancel the file
                >>>>>> selection dialog....Thoughts and input welcome.
                >>>>>>
                >>>>>> After that, you wait....and wait...and wait...for bad weather to
                >>>>>> happen. Or just Configure / NWS / New Office... and add * to get
                >>>>>> weather for the whole world (ok, at least as much of the world as is
                >>>>>> pushing weather alerts into APRS-IS). Within 15-30 minutes you should
                >>>>>> have stuff popping up in Australia. They've consistently had alerts
                >>>>>> running for me.
                >>>>>>
                >>>>>> If you want to see useless "callsigns", check Screen / Labels / NWS
                >>>>>> Calls. These labels are a concatenation of the 3 character Seq and the
                >>>>>> 6 character county/zone of any given alert. Quite useless if you ask
                >>>>>> me, which is why they're suppressed by default.
                >>>>>>
                >>>>>> Ok, with that all done, you should be able to pan and zoom around and
                >>>>>> see just how closely the shapefile boundaries match the underlying OSM
                >>>>>> map tiles. Freaky if you ask me!
                >>>>>>
                >>>>>> Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
                >>>>>>
                >>>>>>
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > ------------------------------------
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
              • KE6BB
                Kim, I did a couple of things, but unfortunately, since I did them at the same time, I don t know which one really fixed the problem. Here is what I did: 1.
                Message 7 of 29 , Jan 31, 2011
                • 0 Attachment
                  Kim,

                  I did a couple of things, but unfortunately, since I did them at the same time, I don't know which one really fixed the problem. Here is what I did:

                  1. With APRSIS32 NOT running, edit the XML file to remove ALL NWS entries, and save the file.
                  2. Move your Shape Files to a location so that the path to the file is 70 characters or less from (and including) the C:/ through (and including) the shape file name. I don't know if this fixes anything, but that is what I did.
                  3. Start APRSIS32. At this point, there should not be an NWS filter nor any shape files showing in the Configure>NWS or Configure>NWS Shapes menus.
                  4. Following Lynn's instructions, select each of the shape file names in the Configure>NWS Shapes menu by clicking the file name and clicking OPEN. It is real easy now that he made that a sticky menu. When the last one has been selected and "Opened", select CANCEL to close that dialog box. For testing, I suggest using the Australian Shape files because there are MANY more of them in a day than US shapes. Ok, now I see that you have a VK call, so you are probably primarily interested in the Australian Shapes.
                  5. Now go to the Configure>NWS>New Office and put a "*" in there to enable ALL offices for testing.
                  6. Center your map on Australia, zoom out so you can see the entire country, and wait 10 or 20 minutes. You should start to see brown smudges around some of the weather warning objects...especially thunderstorms. Right now, only some of the fires have shapes associated with them.

                  OK, so that is 6 things!

                  Hope that works for you. I don't really know if doing things in the order noted above (selecting shapes before entering the "Office" name) is the important thing, OR if the length of path to the shape files is the important thing. I just haven't had the time to sort that out. I have done this now on 2 machines (XP and Win 7) and it only seems to work if I follow those steps.

                  Unfortunately, I still have to work for a living, so I only get a short bit of time in the evening and then it is off to bed so I can get up in the morning and go back to work. Hopefully someone will have some time to confirm or debunk the steps above. I plan to spend time on it this weekend, though. If Lynn gets a release out with a test feature, that should help troubleshoot the problems.

                  Good luck.

                  Mark
                  KE6BB

                  --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "vk2asy" <vk2asy@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > I have latest development version, I can't see Shape files as an option in enables/View Logs!
                  >
                  > I am still trying to wrap my brain around what I see, and would love log file!
                  >
                  > I will keep an eye out if I am looking in the wrong place..
                  >
                  > Kim
                  >
                • KE6BB
                  ... Ok, NONE of the fires now have shapes associated with them. MOST of the floods do. It is late. Mark KE6BB
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jan 31, 2011
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Re:
                    >You should start to see brown smudges around some of the weather >warning objects...especially thunderstorms. Right now, only some of >the fires have shapes associated with them.

                    Ok, NONE of the fires now have shapes associated with them. MOST of the floods do.

                    It is late.

                    Mark
                    KE6BB
                  • vk2asy
                    Thanks for the explanation Mark, I like you only get brief opportunities to check things out.. I will check you process and see what I find.. Kim
                    Message 9 of 29 , Feb 1, 2011
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Thanks for the explanation Mark, I like you only get brief opportunities to check things out.. I will check you process and see what I find.. Kim
                      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "KE6BB" <rv6amark@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > Kim,
                      >
                      > I did a couple of things, but unfortunately, since I did them at the same time, I don't know which one really fixed the problem. Here is what I did:
                      >
                      > 1. With APRSIS32 NOT running, edit the XML file to remove ALL NWS entries, and save the file.
                      > 2. Move your Shape Files to a location so that the path to the file is 70 characters or less from (and including) the C:/ through (and including) the shape file name. I don't know if this fixes anything, but that is what I did.
                      > 3. Start APRSIS32. At this point, there should not be an NWS filter nor any shape files showing in the Configure>NWS or Configure>NWS Shapes menus.
                      > 4. Following Lynn's instructions, select each of the shape file names in the Configure>NWS Shapes menu by clicking the file name and clicking OPEN. It is real easy now that he made that a sticky menu. When the last one has been selected and "Opened", select CANCEL to close that dialog box. For testing, I suggest using the Australian Shape files because there are MANY more of them in a day than US shapes. Ok, now I see that you have a VK call, so you are probably primarily interested in the Australian Shapes.
                      > 5. Now go to the Configure>NWS>New Office and put a "*" in there to enable ALL offices for testing.
                      > 6. Center your map on Australia, zoom out so you can see the entire country, and wait 10 or 20 minutes. You should start to see brown smudges around some of the weather warning objects...especially thunderstorms. Right now, only some of the fires have shapes associated with them.
                      >
                      > OK, so that is 6 things!
                      >
                      > Hope that works for you. I don't really know if doing things in the order noted above (selecting shapes before entering the "Office" name) is the important thing, OR if the length of path to the shape files is the important thing. I just haven't had the time to sort that out. I have done this now on 2 machines (XP and Win 7) and it only seems to work if I follow those steps.
                      >
                      > Unfortunately, I still have to work for a living, so I only get a short bit of time in the evening and then it is off to bed so I can get up in the morning and go back to work. Hopefully someone will have some time to confirm or debunk the steps above. I plan to spend time on it this weekend, though. If Lynn gets a release out with a test feature, that should help troubleshoot the problems.
                      >
                      > Good luck.
                      >
                      > Mark
                      > KE6BB
                      >
                      > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "vk2asy" <vk2asy@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I have latest development version, I can't see Shape files as an option in enables/View Logs!
                      > >
                      > > I am still trying to wrap my brain around what I see, and would love log file!
                      > >
                      > > I will keep an eye out if I am looking in the wrong place..
                      > >
                      > > Kim
                      > >
                      >
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.