Re: [aprsisce] Re: Drifting

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2011
      On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      >> Hi Lynn my van is park right now kd4dra-9 and it is drifting all over
      >> the parking lot is there a way to stop that

      I'd pull up on the parking brake lever!

      How's the sky view for your GPS? If the program is moving you around,
      it's probably due to information being provided to the program.

      If you look at the map on aprs.fi, zoomed in tight, you can see the
      tell-tale box with an X in it, and the occasional foray further afield
      which is typical of a GPS with an obstructed view of the sky, which
      causes the resolved position to wander around. Are you parked up tight
      against the building with the blue triangles on the roof? Is that your
      assigned parking spot? If not, try parking away from the building and
      see if you stop wandering.